• (5) - Lexington Avenue Express
    • (6) - Lexington Avenue Local
    • (7)<7> - Flushing Local/Express

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

HANDS DOWN YA GOTTA LOVE THE <5>(5) TRAIN..

1.THAT BRONX-LEX EXPRESS RUN W/SOME TRIPS TO 238 ST RUNNING EXPRESS TO GUN HILL ROAD/WPR.

2.DIFFRENT NORTHERN TERMINALS (GOTTA LOVE NEREID AVE SERVICE)

3.THOSE R142 CARS,ANNOUNCEMENTS ARE THE BEST OUTTA ALL OF EM!

5.ONE OF THE ONLY SERVICES TO BE EXPRESS THRU THE MAJORITY OF ITS RUN AND IN 3 BOROUGHS!

I USED TO LIVE OFF EAST 180 STREET..TRAVEL TIME TO 59 ST..25 MINUTES ONA GOOD MORNING!!!.ONLY DISDAVNTAGES WAS GETTIN HELD UP BY A (2) TRAIN AT JACKSON AVE WHICH HAPPENED QUITE OFTEN...ALSO COMPARED TO THE (4) TRAIN THO THEY ALWAYS RUN MORE 4 TRAINS AS IF PEOPLE OF THE EAST BRONX WANNA WATCH 3 (4)'s GO BY BEFORE A PACKED <5> COMES.. I HOPE TO DRIVE THAT LINE ONE DAY IF THE MTA EVER CALLS ME BACK FROM THE 96 I GOT ON THE TRAIN OP TEST...

Can't go wrong with the (4) and the (6). Those lines kick ass together with their R142s and R142As of awesomeness. The (4) and (6) rock like Zeke and Luther and Drake and Josh.

And the (2)'s awesome since it's the best and only line I've taken whenever I went to the Bronx Zoo. And it's the only 7th Ave line with R142s. Which is so awesome!

so the (2) and the (4)/(6) FTIRTW!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I Have to go with the (5) Fast On Lexington Avenue and Scenic in the bronx. provides a close view of unionport and 180th st yards plus scenic vegetation past morris park. a very quiet section of the line, one of the only IRT Lines to pass through such a nice place.

Gimme dat (1). Gimme dat broadway local pushin' up to Van Cortlandt (1). Gimme dat 3-5 minute frequency (1). Gimme dat easy way up to Columbus Circle (1). Sometimes it's got its quirks. Sometimes it pisses me off. But when it comes to manhattan travel I say "Gimmie dat (1)". So gimmie dat (1). Dat straight line up to Inwood and Marble Hill (1). Jump on at Rector to all points north (1). Easiest connection to the (7) train (1). I'm rambling too much though and you probably get the point. So I close out with the phrase "Gimme dat (1).

I got to say the (6),<6> line is the best IRT route. I like the frequent service, transfers to most lines and the fact that it's the Lexington Avenue local is a bonus. Easy ride from Pelham Bay Park to Midtown and lots of points in between.That line is ALWAYS crowded when i'm using it!!!

Archived