• (3) - Seventh Avenue Express
    • (4) - Lexington Avenue Express
    • (5) - Lexington Avenue Express
    • (6) - Lexington Avenue Local
    • (7)<7> - Flushing Local/Express

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have too say all the IRT lines are good, they have the best scenery and with the ATS PA/CIS and new stations you cant get lost or be with out info. but my real favorite is the (2) its the longest and i love the new tracks they have all over the line so its nice and smooth on the exp byw 72nd and 42nd st

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here are my opinions on the IRT.

(1) North 96 St the line gets pretty boring, but it's a pretty good run, no real slow downs, on time & very frequent.

(2) The line is very infrequent, but when you get on a (2) it gets you going where you have to, at a reasonable time & has some great views of the Bronx & goes to some awesome areas in Manhattan.

(3) I cant really say much about this line, as I dont use it.

(4) same as (3), but I dont like how the (4) is much more frequent than the (5)

(5) It's infrequent, not as much as the (2), but the (4) always manages to get ahead of the (5), three times over. However, just like the (2), the (5) is very fast & gets me to where I need to, at a reasonable hour. And the Dyre Ave line is awesome!

(6) Often crowded, but Very fast and very frequent & the elevated section of the Pelham line is awesome!

(7) Pretty much same as (6). Crowded, but fast & frequent & has the best views of Queens & Manhattan! :tup:

Out of the entire IRT, my least favorite to favorite would be, (3)/(4), (5) ,(2), (6) & finally the (7).

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived