Today I Leave For NYC! Tracking Links Inside!

Smoot178

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

Good news! We have been on the New Jersey turnpike for a while now. Were so close!!! We will be there in less than 2 hours!

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

Greetings! I am in NYC about to go to sleep. We arrived in staten island at noon and have been a few places so far. I am pleased to announe that the very first subway line to be ridden by myself is (drum roll) the 3 line! I saw alot of r140 which seems odd to what I've read here. Well I'm really tired and I'm going to bed. I'll be back in the morning on my laptop.

Guest Charles

Greetings! I am in NYC about to go to sleep. We arrived in staten island at noon and have been a few places so far. I am pleased to announe that the very first subway line to be ridden by myself is (drum roll) the 3 line! I saw alot of r140 which seems odd to what I've read here. Well I'm really tired and I'm going to bed. I'll be back in the morning on my laptop.

Welcome to the Big Apple! You're going to enjoy your stay here very much.

But the R140?!?!

Enjoy the city! :cool:

Am I correct in saying the R140 has the red stripe at the front of the car? I saw some on adjacent lines.

Well it's early morning and we are going to continue Apartment hunting! Yesterday we took the 3 line into Penn Station to go see Kmart. What a cool place. Today I hope to go to Times Square but I don't know if that will happen.

And dammit you people need to stop honking at us 3 milliseconds after the light changes. We're from Florida you know! :mad:

Am I correct in saying the R140 has the red stripe at the front of the car? I saw some on adjacent lines.

That would be the R-142. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R142_(New_York_City_Subway_car)

And dammit you people need to stop honking at us 3 milliseconds after the light changes. We're from Florida you know! :mad:

Well like the saying goes, time is money :) NYC is quick paced. You either go with the flow or you'll get trampled.

Do you have any car numbers? As far as I know, no car has a stripe running across the front of the car.

Do you have any car numbers? As far as I know, no car has a stripe running across the front of the car.

It's not a full blown stripe.

r142a.jpg

That's what I mean. it's hard for me to describe :)

Today I will get around to uploading my photos I have taken thus far. But for now we're getting ready to go to Staten Island to see an apartment.

On another note, NYC is oh so awesome. We saw a Target labeled "Greatland" over here by this highway. IT WAS GIGANTIC. So much bigger than any Target i have seen.

It's not a full blown stripe.

r142a.jpg

That's what I mean. it's hard for me to describe :)

Today I will get around to uploading my photos I have taken thus far. But for now we're getting ready to go to Staten Island to see an apartment.

On another note, NYC is oh so awesome. We saw a Target labeled "Greatland" over here by this highway. IT WAS GIGANTIC. So much bigger than any Target i have seen.

Those are R-142's and R-142A's!

Honestly I don't mind taking the ferry. This apartment we are looking at is right near a SIR station so it won't be so bad. If I really wanted to I could just take an express bus.

You do have to realize I'm only 17 and I'm moving with my mother. If I was alone I would of course live right where it's all at.

Archived