Received word...

MTR Admiralty

I received word from Widecab5 (via Subchat) that:

-The 11th set of R160A at Jamaica Yard is in service on the E as of yesterday afternoon. The numbers are 9333-9342.

-The number of R38s has dropped again. There are now 18 cars left as of Thursday.

More news to follow.

I doubt that would happen since the T/Os hate them very much. They are the best performing of the 60' SMEEs and yet many people regards them as horrible as the R42s. It's very sad.

Where do you get that the T/Os hate the R38s very much? Anyway, I don't think they will have a farewell run since they are such a small and average fleet.

I received word from Widecab5 (via Subchat) that:

-The 11th set of R160A at Jamaica Yard is in service on the E as of yesterday afternoon. The numbers are 9233-9242.

-The number of R38s has dropped again. There are now 18 cars left as of Thursday.

More news to follow.

You mean 9333-9342, it was in service yesterday.

I thought there were at least 21 cars left, things change fast

I doubt that would happen since the T/Os hate them very much. They are the best performing of the 60' SMEEs and yet many people regards them as horrible as the R42s. It's very sad.

I know that you adore the R38s to the fullest extent, or something like that. However, that does not mean that the train crews, IN GENERAL hate them. There are quite a number of train personnel that enjoy operating them, in fact some of them are on this forum.

Thanks for the updates. R160s on the (E) are so common. It's like a 90% that you'll catch one. As for the R38s, I wish I could say the same. :) They're going by so fast. I'm going to miss all the times they ran on the (A) and the (C), and then finally together in the R32/R38 mixes. They sound so great together.

Thanks for the updates. R160s on the (E) are so common. It's like a 90% that you'll catch one. As for the R38s, I wish I could say the same. :) They're going by so fast. I'm going to miss all the times they ran on the (A) and the (C), and then finally together in the R32/R38 mixes. They sound so great together.

Not really, there are 26 trains serving the E. Only 11 of them are R160. But it will be fast though.

Yeah, seriously, by next Friday, all of them are dead.

Well, I saw a barge hanging around with steel boxes around Hudson River either Friday or Saturday... I don't know if it is the cars going to scrapping?!? Also, I saw a R-160 and PA-5 coming in almost around NJ on the I-80... Only a small Glimpse, don't know if it is for real...

What do you mean you don't know if it was real? How do you confuse a 40-ton 60-foot long car on a highway, on a truck that says OVERSIZE LOAD on it with anything else?

But yes, if it was on the I-80, then you did in fact see subway cars being shipped to NY...

Archived