Orion Island

The Real

Beautiful photos, you caught 4000 already.. Damn I think you and Adam Moreira be putting GPS trackers on buses before they go into service or something..

I still want your autograph if Shane ain't tell you.. LOL jk

Nice shots!

I caught 4012 last night on the S46.

And 6148 is one of the 1999 Orion Vs I mentioned that was overhauled last year and just overhauled a couple of weeks ago. It's one of about 15-25 so far.. and yes they're gonna stay like that Pablo!

Yeah I agree, Staten Island improved on bus maintenance. I am judging this by thier Vs, not because they got NGs. :tup:

Nice shots!

I caught 4012 last night on the S46.

And 6148 is one of the 1999 Orion Vs I mentioned that was overhauled last year and just overhauled a couple of weeks ago. It's one of about 15-25 so far.. and yes they're gonna stay like that Pablo!

NYCT6148.jpg

She's whitebacked now?

She's whitebacked now?

Yep, it's fully repainted and white-backed with pull cords now too.

Also in one of the shots you can see #6154. For a while, #6154 didn't have a governor it and was able to reach in excess of 70mph. I remember I caught it on the S53 once and it flew across the Verrazono in the middle lane at that.

Yep, it's fully repainted and white-backed with pull cords now too.

Also in one of the shots you can see #6154. For a while, #6154 didn't have a governor it and was able to reach in excess of 70mph. I remember I caught it on the S53 once and it flew across the Verrazono in the middle lane at that.

Wait a minute.. There's Orion Vs with governers? I never rode a governed Orion V or Orion V CNG, well I don't think I did, I been on 212 doing 65, 175 doing 67, 226 doing 60 (that bus doesn't shift to fourth gear if it's floored, you got to lower your throttle to shift it into fourth.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived