How many people get called at once?

JKid84

I took the to exam in 99 or early 2000 i was called spring of 2001 I only scored 97.5

Do you have any tips on how to score 97.5?? that you can share with us.

I am working on a dead end accounting job now and I feel like taking a train ride:p

I am working on a dead end accounting job now and I feel like taking a train ride:p

XTO didn't sound too happy with a score of 97.5,that is only 2 wrong answers out of 80. I know that the list number means everything but I would be satisfied with that score.

why dont you go for a solid 100?

the filing period is over for the train op exam

• 5 weeks later...

Test candidates.. It is an open competitive civil service test. You are not required to know anything about trains/train movement or operations. It's a reading comprehension, multiple choice test.

You will read a story/series of paragraphs, then answer questions based on the content of the paragraph. One question was about track. it explained switches & positions. then it had a track line drawing, showing a ladder of switches, with each spur labeled as a potential answer. "With the switches set as shown, which track will your train end up on?"

Same style question on the dual air brake gauge.. Red needle is straight air, black needle is brake pipe. "Reading the gauge, how much straight air pressure is shown?"

There were questions on Military time as well. Easy enough to learn if you never used it..

One thing you should have some idea about is landmarks/locations around the NYC area. Multiple choice again, but relativity easy if you have a half of a head on your shoulders.. "In what county would you find JFK Airport?"

"Port Authority is located at what subway stop?"

• 2 months later...
you have to score at least a 96 to get called for any mta job. It is super competetive so if you dont score that high your chances are nil

Marc

You don't know what you're talking about so stop posting your nonsense in every thread!!

I dont know what I am talking about? show me anyone that scored under a 96 that was called in the last 5 years.

I know alot of T/O's that were hired from open competetive tests that scored under 96. They were in the 92-94 range. If you said under 92 then you would be correct but you're not. Once again I will repeat my earlier claim that you have no idea what you're talking about.

He Definitely doesn't because I scored a 75.5 on exam 5025 and my Orientation Day was yesterday 08.03.09 and day 1 was today for hands on Training for Bus Operator

What is your list number ?

what what depot are you in ?

What is your list number ?

what what depot are you in ?

This guy has a list number of 1***, from the 5025, yeah that is how paranoid he is, leaving out 3 numbers. It's all in his mind that he thinks the administration has the time to come on here and read every single post.:P

What does it matter what your score is, you got hire and are working. Just because you scored a 96 or 92 does'nt make you the smartest guy in the class. This job is 99% common sense and 1% technical. OK you wanna be the guy who can fix the brake pipe rupture, but try calming the guy down who just claim that this is 18th (D) trn to come by in less than 2 minutes.

Knowing how to do your job and then knowing how to do the real job are entirely two diffrent things.

My point is not to make fun or say that your POV is wrong, but this is the NYCT and this is NY and that in self brings a host of curve balls every day. The hardest part of this job is not getting to it, but going home after we are done. It's not a question of "IF" but "WHEN" and I hope and pray that day never comes, but if it does, I know the people that I work with are the best. Because it comes down to training and common sense and that rule book gets tossed and you do what you gotta do to get people to safety and yourself and your c/r.

When you put your handle in and charge up the that trn, then it gets serious and the fooling around stops, because this job has paid for my son's college, put my fat butt on a beach and put brand new wheels in my driveway and food on my table and a roof over my head.

So if you got hire than God Bless and welcome to club of crazies who work on a 24hr clock and who have T/W off and weekend are in your past life and all your new friends will be TA workers.

By the way for you new hires, whether it be trains or buses when you are breaking in and you see the "Crew Room Lawyers" and they tell you this job sucks and you should quit, very politely ask them how long they have been on the job and if they tell you more than 10 yrs then you know you got a good job, because the one thing you gotta understand, "This beats lifting heavy objects for a living !!"

By the way for you new hires, whether it be trains or buses when you are breaking in and you see the "Crew Room Lawyers" and they tell you this job sucks and you should quit, very politely ask them how long they have been on the job and if they tell you more than 10 yrs then you know you got a good job, because the one thing you gotta understand, "This beats lifting heavy objects for a living !!"

Heh...also beats sitting an office all day, can't wait to get in and join you goofballs... ;):cool::)

• 11 months later...
Yeah tell me about it Olegkha did you accept a position at (MTA) Bus Company was just looking over my post and it makes me sad

MTA bus ?

I was not let go, i am still in TA

I picked into Flatbush depot and working lateeeeeeeeee

Archived