How exactly is someone "called up"?

duelingdragons

Do they go by the information you provided during your test? And do they send you something via snail mail, or actually call you?

I am just afraid that I'll either have moved houses by then, or have a different phone #, and the (MTA) won't be able to reach me.

It's not gonna be for a couple years anyway, but still.. I don't want to take any chances, lol.

Unless it changed you will get a letter in the mail. It will say where and when to report for whatever they have you coming in for.

I was never called on the phone during the process.

Do they go by the information you provided during your test? And do they send you something via snail mail, or actually call you?

I am just afraid that I'll either have moved houses by then, or have a different phone #, and the (MTA) won't be able to reach me.

It's not gonna be for a couple years anyway, but still.. I don't want to take any chances, lol.

It depends. If you are on a list and MTA reaches your number you'll get a packet in the mail and a letter telling you what day and time to come in. If you already were processed and are waiting for the medical, they say they'll call you after they do a backround check on the number you provided them if everything checks out. If at anytime your personal information changes (name, address, phone#, etc) you have to notify them of the changes IN PERSON. If you mail it in there's every chance that your info will get lost.

This is how it was for me on previous processing

They send you a letter first. That is to fill out the application, drug and alcohol, when they get to your number. Second they call you. That is for the medical, and asking you if you can start on such and such date. If you move or your number changes, you notify DCAS, and DCAS will send you a confirmation letter. You keep that letter, so they can't say, you didn't notify them. MTA will be the one calling you though, for the other stuff.

This is why it is usually best to be responsible, and keep your phone numbers, and stay in one place for a while. Moving too much can ruin your chances. They do like a house number too. Don't know if it is still mandatory though.......

And for people that have been called up, how far ahead of time do they give you warning?

I'm afraid then when that days actually HAPPENS, they'll expect me to start training the next week.

It would be nice if they gave you a month or two to get other things worked out (IE.. quitting your current job, etc.)

Archived