NY1 - South Ferry Terminal opening next week

Paul P

Some official press release current as of 3/9/09 08:34PM

From NY1

After several delayed openings, MTA officials on Monday said the South Ferry station will finally open next Monday.

The station has been closed since December so a new and improved station could be built for the number 1 train.

An inspection at the station in January found the gap between the train and the platform was about an inch wider than federal regulations allow.

The construction, funded mostly with federal dollars, is part of a $530 million project to help rebuild Lower Manhattan.

YOU PIRATE, YOU LEAKED =D!!! Although i wish it were open by Sunday, that means saturday im heading to the loop, i wish it was for the (5) Dyre, cuz ill miss it :) , that means the following week is my IRT specials march

Video can be found VIA:

http://www.ny1.com/content/news_beats/transit/95247/south-ferry-station-to-open-next-week/Default.aspx

yes i found this out this afternoon on my way from wrk same guy i speak to everyday who wrks down there said it was planned for today last week sumthing happend no details were givin but it officaly moved to next monday and all week things will be happining there (including signs and posts) to show this so no my post last week wasent wrong just wasent officaly confirmed here ur conformation:tup:

Hopefully this is true

If its a fake, lol well im setting up a riot to Time Warner Cable owner of NY1!:)

And then no more TV time for em

but anyways dont worry we just need to be positive, this means i better get my a*s down to the SF loop on my Saturday RFs

I cannot wait for new one.

I'll also visit Five Car Only South Ferry this weekend to take pictures with dispersal camera.

I also plan to take picture of (1) train.

Yesterday after I got off (R) at Whitehall St, from hole, I spotted new subway mezz, well as booth. After I exit, I spotted hole by payphone.

I will also miss watching (5) train using inner loop.

I hope OpenHouse New York could make old South Ferry Station part of free tour event.

The (R)(W) is getting a free Transfer? Via Tunnel or via MetroCard?

To bad Bowling green cant also do the same, so people can access 7th Ave/Lex lines

Bowling Green is actually quite far from South Ferry to the point where a shuttle ran between them until 1977. a transfer would be kinda pointless since you can transfer between the (4)(5) and (2)(3) in brooklyn or at Fulton Street two stations north.

Bowling Green is actually quite far from South Ferry to the point where a shuttle ran between them until 1977. a transfer would be kinda pointless since you can transfer between the (4)(5) and (2)(3) in brooklyn or at Fulton Street two stations north.

(5) can use the SF Loop? Or reopen the Bowling Green-SF Shuttle. I mean whats the point of keeping the Old Shuttle Platform closed, when you can have a train loop SF on the (1) and then connect service for the (1)(N)(R)(W) and Shuttle? For Lex, 7th and Bway.. Now thats a good idea.. idc if no one agrees with me lol -_-

Anyways last day of Ferry loop, today or AM tomo! :( RIP I took my last view yesterday! GOnna up tomo!

What time does the Last (1) leave loop and new one enters NSF?

Archived