NY1 - South Ferry Terminal opening next week

Paul P

(5) can use the SF Loop? Or reopen the Bowling Green-SF Shuttle. I mean whats the point of keeping the Old Shuttle Platform closed, when you can have a train loop SF on the (1) and then connect service for the (1)(N)(R)(W) and Shuttle? For Lex, 7th and Bway.. Now thats a good idea.. idc if no one agrees with me lol -_-

I doubt that is going to happen.

(5) can use the SF Loop? Or reopen the Bowling Green-SF Shuttle. I mean whats the point of keeping the Old Shuttle Platform closed, when you can have a train loop SF on the (1) and then connect service for the (1)(N)(R)(W) and Shuttle? For Lex, 7th and Bway.. Now thats a good idea.. idc if no one agrees with me lol -_-

Anyways last day of Ferry loop, today or AM tomo! :( RIP I took my last view yesterday! GOnna up tomo!

What time does the Last (1) leave loop and new one enters NSF?

A) The doors do not really align well at South Ferry.

B) You would have the same thing - 5 cars + overcrowding + very slow

C) The last (1) is supposed to be around 10am. So it would be the last one before 10am (of course it could change - it might be earlier or later).

Which means tying up the Lex Avenue lie and requiring less 5 trains to run. Which means big.

But you can have a (S)huttle run down there, the (5) would fail I guess then. But (S)huttle will do. Unless there is a problem with switching on the Lex-7th and 7th-Lex Junction?

But you can have a (S)huttle run down there, the (5) would fail I guess then. But (S)huttle will do. Unless there is a problem with switching on the Lex-7th and 7th-Lex Junction?

In logic, it is a good concept. But in practicability, there may be some errors. First of all, any new line would cost money. And upgrading that platform does need dough, right? You also have to figure out the demands. How many people exit at Bowling Green for the ferry? The walk isn't that bad, just get out of the first car and walk there. Yes, weather patterns may be a concern. But on average, how many days are we rain beaten and gale whipped? Passengers from the Lex have to go downstairs, cross to the underpass and then go back upstairs to the shuttle platform. IMO, all of this isn't necessary.

And the loop will be used to turn extra (1) trains (after terminating at Rector Street). There will be some trains that will be stored at the old station loop. So it won't be abandoned completely (it will be closed by the public).

Terminating at Rector? Wow.

When this happens, that loop will not be revenue trackage, so railfanners are not allowed to remain on, if a train happens to terminate at Rector.

And the loop will be used to turn extra (1) trains (after terminating at Rector Street). There will be some trains that will be stored at the old station loop. So it won't be abandoned completely (it will be closed by the public).

So most likely u r saying these will be Lay Up Track?

Also whats going to happen to the Office at SF station[is that the Tower or dispatchers office]?

***South Ferry Opened @t 12:00 Noon***

***Thread should be closed by admins/mods***

Does everytopic gotta be locked? Its just a topic u know.. I dont see flames here

but fine.....................0_o

Archived