Acela improvements

grenavitar

Hey Mets something you said about allowing AE to stop in Trenton? Lets think about this for a minute. This is suppose to be an express train. To me I think it make to many stops as is. Amtrak has only 2 trains stopping in Trenton which is 2103 and 2126. The only way I think this can work is having some AE stop in Trenton but elimate one stop. For example 2103 stops in Trenton but doenst stop at BWI. Having this train stop everywhere might as well call it a regional.

Hey Mets something you said about allowing AE to stop in Trenton? Lets think about this for a minute. This is suppose to be an express train. To me I think it make to many stops as is. Amtrak has only 2 trains stopping in Trenton which is 2103 and 2126. The only way I think this can work is having some AE stop in Trenton but elimate one stop. For example 2103 stops in Trenton but doenst stop at BWI. Having this train stop everywhere might as well call it a regional.

Acela Regional doesn't sound good to me! :tdown:

The only reason 2103 and 2126 stops at Trenton is because those are first (2103) and last (2126) Acelas out of that station Monday thru Friday. But even switching the stopping stations around would not be efficient... I don't think the station is one of the priorities on the NEC. Like Dre Day said, BWI would be more beneficial as a stopping point. Just my 2 cents... ;)

There is no need to stop in Trenton, Trenton is a mess already with the Amtrak NJT and Septa Service it has. Besides, I really don't see a market there. Most Govt officials there are state employees so there is no need for them to travel out of state. Not to mention the demographics in that specific region do not really warrant an Acela stop. The people of the Princeton area will drive or take NJT to Metropark if they need an AE. South of Trenton seems to head into Philly.

There is no need to stop in Trenton, Trenton is a mess already with the Amtrak NJT and Septa Service it has. Besides, I really don't see a market there. Most Govt officials there are state employees so there is no need for them to travel out of state. Not to mention the demographics in that specific region do not really warrant an Acela stop. The people of the Princeton area will drive or take NJT to Metropark if they need an AE. South of Trenton seems to head into Philly.

I see what you're saying (even witnessed it a few times), but it would be cool to have more than a train at 5 am southbound and a train at 9 pm northbound.

I'd settle for 2 more trains a day, one northbound from tre at 10:30 am and one southbound getting in tre at 5-6 pm. Once trenton is 100% renovated, people are going to wonder why the more prestigious train avoids it like the plague, when as you said (NJT) & :septa: main line and RiverLINE converge there. I believe if you put it there, people will book seats.

They should have a: Boston - New Haven - New York - Newark - Trenton - PHL - baltimore penn- washington union only aela express service. I guess right now they only have so many trainsets, maybe if they had a few more. *shrugs*

- A

Archived