• (W) Astoria/Broadway Line
    • (B) Brighton Line
    • (D) 4 Avenue/West End Line
    • (M) Chrystie St/Williamsburg Bridge/Myrtle Av Line

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How so? They run on the same trains. Unless your comparing something that's not appealing to my intelligence, I contradict that statement.

When an R160 pulls into a station and those AC units kick in, it gets very loud. When your inside the train it's very quiet. Also, hot air from the AC units on the roof blasts off the ceiling and down on to the platform. Maybe that is what he was referring to.

Now as for my favorite BMT line, I have no vote since I am not a big fan of the BMT.

I am a big (N) train fan and the R160's make the line even better. Plus the express along Broadway & 4th Ave, the places it stops at and the views along the Manhattan Bridge are the best. The (Q) and (L) are very close behind.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Definitely the L. Always on time. Extremely clean cars. Almost always manage to get a seat, even during rush hours. Fast for a local service, and the abundance of stops means you get off very near your intended destination. Easiest way to change between the Eighth Avenue (A/C/E), Sixth Avenue (B/D/F/V), Broadway (N/Q/R/W), Seventh Avenue (1/2/3) and Lexington Avenue (4/5/6) lines in Manhattan. Also easy transfers to the M at Myrtle-Willoughby and G at Lorimer St-Metropolitan Avenue in Brooklyn. Probably no other train enables so many transfers. Never had a missed connection with the A at Broadway Junction, usually just enough time to catch the L without having to hurry. A godsend for Saturday travel to Manhattan for me (I take the A at Beach 67th), when the A is invariably running local (no C), or not running between Utica and Jay St (shuttle bus ride takes 30 minutes). New-fangled train arrival message boards a little superfluous (timers showing minutes to next train good enough for me), but a nice addition nonetheless. Would ride the L everyday if possible.

(L) all the way!!!

I'm going to say the (W) Broadway local. It proves how much the (R) and (N) sucks.

The Broadway local service is useless as far as I am concerned. I have often had to wait 15 minutes at 8th Street-NYU for a local train on a weekday (albeit not rush hour). The W isn't much better than the R, sorry.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Where's the(Z)train?

The(W)does not run on the 4th Avenue Line!

Why did you put the(B)via West End?

If you're going to put non existing routes you should've put the<Q>&<R>trains as options.

You're poll gets a:tdown:.

Sorry.

I love the(N)train!

Well, the (Z) is just a rush hour (J) and is nothing different other then during that time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived