Aye Bus Operators and former bus operators!!! I gotta question

I Run Trains

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

So I got my results from the bus exam today in the mail and I passed and my number is 2001. Is that a good number, or back number? That's looks like a very high number to me!!!!

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

So I got my results from the bus exam today in the mail and I passed and my number is 2001. Is that a good number, or back number? That's looks like a very high number to me!!!!

Sorry I can't answer your question.....congratulations on passing your exam:tup:

Shondrae congrats.......

That number can be high, it can be low. Everyone is asking about their numbers and how long will it take. No body knows, not even TA. If they call 500 people at once, and 400 meet expectations, and pass everything, then they might not call anyone for awhile after that. If they call 500 and 400 don't make it, then they will call another 500 just like that. The amount called isn't definite, and how many they hire isn't. MTA doesn't know who is going to walk through those doors, and what their true credentials are, until they are in front of them.

My list number was 2150 when I go my random number for OA. It took, 3 and 1/2 years before I was hired. My list number was 1341 for RTO. It took almost 5 years before I was hired there. I know how excited everyone is, and how they would love to come to work for the good ole TA. I was there, and it took forever to get in. Good thing though is, since the merger of TA Local 100 depots and OA, when hired, they might have all those depots that you can choose from. This means more people would have to be called than normal. It's a waiting game. Trust me, and I wouldn't listen to any time-lines you get from anyone on here. It usually ends up as false hope, as that time comes near, and you call just to see they are still so far away. Only way you know you are getting close, is when someone not to far in front of you post they got hired......

CHEAPER FOR THEM TO HIRE THAN PAY OVERTIME

Actually this isn't true. The TA would rather pay overtime than hire because it costs them less because of the benefits, training, uniforms, ect. for new hires. That is why alot of titles are almost always understaffed.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D062; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

hello every one iam new to this forum iam about to start training soon .college point depot is that a good depot and how much will I get on my first raise?

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D062; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

hello every one iam new to this forum iam about to start training soon .college point depot is that a good depot and how much will I get on my first raise?

I have seen people on here before that are drivers out of the College Point depot. Hopefully they will help you out.

I think that the pay scales are different at each of the Queens Bus Depots. I am always confused with TWU Local 100 and ATU.

Good luck with your training,keep us posted if you can. Thanks.

I have seen people on here before that are drivers out of the College Point depot. Hopefully they will help you out.

I think that the pay scales are different at each of the Queens Bus Depots. I am always confused with TWU Local 100 and ATU.

Good luck with your training,keep us posted if you can. Thanks.

Don't know but CPBO might (PM him). As I said several times before, only TA and OA pay is a set pay, system and depot wide.......

MTA Bus, each of the 7 old private lines pay different. That means Eastchester pay, is different than Yonkers depot pay, which is different than College Point pay, etc.....

Don't know but CPBO might (PM him). As I said several times before, only TA and OA pay is a set pay, system and depot wide.......

MTA Bus, each of the 7 old private lines pay different. That means Eastchester pay, is different than Yonkers depot pay, which is different than College Point pay, etc.....

I have been on these boards a little over a year and I am still confused about what depots belong to what union,etc...I will get it someday,all I know is that I have it narrowed down to 3 depots if and when the time comes for me to choose. 1 in Queens and 2 in Brooklyn.

Archived