Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
jrh5157

Quick question about service on the R

Hey everyone, I'm going back to New York tomorrow (I live in Pennsylvania right now) and I wanted to know if the Cortlandt St. station is open on the R. Im traveling from Borough Hall to the WTC, so if it is closed what would be the best way to get there?

Thanks so much for whomever helps me!

Hey everyone, I'm going back to New York tomorrow (I live in Pennsylvania right now) and I wanted to know if the Cortlandt St. station is open on the R. Im traveling from Borough Hall to the WTC, so if it is closed what would be the best way to get there?

Cortlandt Street on the (1), (R) and (W) is still closed until further notice. If you traveling from Borough Hall.

Option #1: You can take the Uptown and The Bronx (2) or (3) from Borough Hall and get off @ Park Place and walk through the (E) platform for World Trade Center!

Option #2: Take a Uptown and The Bronx (4) or *(5) from Borough Hall and get off @ Fulton Street, transfer for a Uptown (A) or (C) @ Broadway-Nassau Street and get off @ Chambers Street for World Trade Center!

Option: #3: Take a Manhattan bound (A) or (C) from Jay Street-Borough Hall and get off @ Chambers Street for World Trade Center!

*AM or PM rush hours only!

Curake: for option 2, he is better walking the one short block from the (4)(5) on Broadway to Church, rather than going downstairs for the (A)(C) for one stop to Chambers. That will put him further away from the WTC if he changed for the (A) or (C)

CurAke hit your options right on the nose, I thought I'd just add that the southern exits of Fulton St on the (4)/(5) platform are one block away (a longer one), from Cortlandt St/Church St, where the (R) exit is currently, but closed. So, why not go for the (4)/<5>, then walk it?

It's still closed, but the beauty of Lower Manhattan is that everything is in walking distance, especially if you're here on a nice day.

If you're looking to travel on the (R) specifically, I would take it to Rector. It's only like 5-6 blocks away from Ground Zero.

Wouldn't City Hall be closer?