Bus from new zealand will be running on the M42

nycbusfan

Looks cool! I may try to look for this bus too and ride it on the M42 (even though it'll suck with the grueling traffic on 42nd Street). I wonder if it'll be out this weekend, I dunno if I'll go after classes tomorrow.

Is it me, or does the scheme design (the stripes and whatnot) on the back half of the side of the bus look like the design thats for Wachovia Bank....

That thing looks like it should be used only on those route 4 runs from the GWB terminal, to NJ, or those NY to Patterson runs, from the terminal. That is one of the most ugliest concept on wheels I have ever seen. That is not a bus, but an overgrown cheap looking and made RV. Heck I have seen RV's that look more like a bus than that hideous monstrosity on wheels. The New Flyer Invero's rear, looks better than the front of that ugly duckling. I hope the MTA says no to the ugly duck. It does look like it could float though.

If they really want Hybrid buses faster, they need to make up with New Flyer. Have Orion and New Flyer build the Hybrids. Just don't mix the buses at depots. Orion VII at some, New Flyers at others. Maybe even have the Flyer in OA territory (Manhattan/Bronx), and the Orion VII in Queens/STI/Brooklyn.

Looks cool! I may try to look for this bus too and ride it on the M42 (even though it'll suck with the grueling traffic on 42nd Street). I wonder if it'll be out this weekend, I dunno if I'll go after classes tomorrow.

Is it me, or does the scheme design (the stripes and whatnot) on the back half of the side of the bus look like the design thats for Wachovia Bank....

Actually, now I know why the scheme is like that on the bus. Trevor Logan gave the answer over at Subchat.

Answer can be found here:

http://www.subchat.com/buschat/read.asp?Id=72745

I knew I should've asked him about that bus and why the scheme is like that.

Archived