Some Museum Pics (56k)

Fresh Pond

I went to the museum with my little brother last week and took some pics...

InteriorOf8506.jpg

InsideofR125760.jpg

OlderMTALogo.jpg

OldMTALogo.jpg

R33WF9306.jpg

R308506.jpg

R211R714ex-7422.jpg

R210R714ex-7194.jpg

R176609.jpg

R166387.jpg

R156239.jpg

R125760.jpg

R118013.jpg

R4401.jpg

R1100.jpg

And a bonus one on the (F) (look at it carefully and tell me what you see

R30Rollsign.jpg

Is it newer or older rollsigns that refer to Queens Blvd Express as simply the "Queens Express"...I've see this on both the (E)&(F) some signs say Ave Americas Local/Queens Express like the one posted above and others say 6 Avenue Local/Queens Blvd Exp

It was the same with the R-142's when they 1st came out, I remember the (4)<5> used to say "Brooklyn Express" as opposed to "Eastern Parkway Exp"..and the <5> saying "Bronx Express", I personally like when they just refer to the Boro and weather the train is Local or Exp, but I can see why they would change it, it is rather vague

Nice pics!

Is it newer or older rollsigns that refer to Queens Blvd Express as simply the "Queens Express"...I've see this on both the (E)&(F) some signs say Ave Americas Local/Queens Express like the one posted above and others say 6 Avenue Local/Queens Blvd Exp

It was the same with the R-142's when they 1st came out, I remember the (4)<5> used to say "Brooklyn Express" as opposed to "Eastern Parkway Exp"..and the <5> saying "Bronx Express", I personally like when they just refer to the Boro and weather the train is Local or Exp, but I can see why they would change it, it is rather vague

IMHO, I'd go with Queens Express as opposed to QB Exp. I mean, the line doesn't really run under the entirety of Queens Blvd. Only the stretch from Briarwood-Van Wyck to Grand Avenue is actually under Queens Blvd.

The older rollsigns have the Queens Express/Avenue of Americas!

Did they put in the R38 pair yet?

No. Also there is some discrepancy which pair it will be, originally thought it would be 4028-4029, now it's looking like 4140-1. Either way we'll see but remember just because a car is "given" to the museum is more of administriative thing...doesn't mean the car will immediately go on display...just means it gets added to the collection.

Archived