Question about Bus Terminal/Route/Location

FamousNYLover

I have question for layover and how bus goes from last to first stops. Maybe you guys might know better. Well as location of bus stops.

Brooklyn:

B3 at 25th-Harway Avs/86th St

B6 at Ashford St/New Lots Avs

B7 at Coney Island Av

B11 at Brooklyn College

B14 at Utica Av Station.

B17 at Seaview Av/East 108th St

B25//B37/Q56 at Broadway Junction Station.

B31/BM4 at Lois Av

B35/B70 at 39th St/1st Av

B36 at Avenue U.

B42 at Canarsie Pier

B43 at Box St.

B47 at Woodhull Hospital.

B48 at Newtown Creek.

B64 at 86th St (R)

B68 at 15th St-Propsect Park (F)

B69 at Sands St/Cadman Plaza West

B70 at VA Hospital.

B82/BM5 at Seaview Av

BM3 at Emmoms Av/Shore Rd

Q35 at Brooklyn College

Bronx:

Bx1/Bx2, Bx21, Bx31 at Lincoln Av.

Bx3 at 238th St (1).

Bx5/Bx11/Bx27 near Simpson St Station.

Bx25/Bx26/Bx28/Bx30 at Erskine Pl

Bx19 at Botanical Garden.

Bx27/Bx29 at Clason Point Park

Bx29 at Belden St

Bx39 at Gun Hill Rd

Bx40 at SUNY and Bx42 at Emerson Av

Bx55 at 211tb St

Manhattan

Bx3, Bx11, Bx13, Bx35, Bx36.

Bx7 at 168th St (1)(A)(C).

Bx15 at 125th St/Henry Hudson Parkway-12th-Av

M7: Why does M7 sometimes use 9th St instead of 13th St?

Queens:

Q1 Springfield Blvd and Braddock Corridor at Jamaica Av

Q2/Q110 at 222nd St and Belmont Park.

Q9/Q89 at Lincoln St/Rockaway Blvd

Q10: Why does Rockaway Blvd corridor stops on Queens Blvd side?

Q12 at City Line.

Q12, Q14, Q15, Q17, Q19, Q26, Q27, Q66, QBx1.

Q14 at 7th Av

Q18/Q103 at 2nd St

Q23 at Ditmars Blvd/102nd St

Q26 at Horace Harding Expressway

Q28 at Bell Blvd

Q30 at Little Neck Parkway

Q31 at 28th Av

Q34 at Willets Point Blvd

Q37: Which way Q37 goes at Kew Garden?

Q39/Q66/Q67/Q100 at LIC

Q42 at 180th St

Q43 at 268th St

Q55 at Jamaica Av

Q59 at 63rd Drive-Rego Park Station

Q77 at 145th Rd

Q85 at at 243rd St/147th Av

Q111 at Rockaway Blvd

Q113 at Beach 20th St

Staten Island

S40 at Howland Hook

S46 at West Shore Plaza

S52 at Staten Island University Hospital North

S53/S57/S59/S66/S67 at Port Richmond Terminal

S55 at Arhur Kill Correctional Facililty

S56 at Tottenville High School

S62/S93 at COSI

S76 at Delwitt Av

Please help if possible

Long Island Bus comes up later.

I was going to type some of the locations for you, but you put way too much buses....I'll be fhere or hours typing up them. Might as well look @ the bus maps. I'll help out on several but not all....therest you have to look that up!

On the right side of Ulmer Park Depot

(3) to New Lots Avenue

B7 at Coney Island Av

Take the B68 to Kings Highway and Coney Island Avenue/Quentin Road or (:P(Q) to Kings Highway and E. 16th Street and walk a few blocks

B14 at Utica Av Station.

Take the B46 or (3)(4) to Utica Avenue and Eastern Parkway

The B37 doesn't go to Broadway Junction (thank god).....take the (A)(C)(J)(L)(Z) to Broadway Junction and the Q24, Q56, B20 and B83 is right infront of the train station, the B25 bus stop is around the corner from Van Sinderen Avenue and Fulton Street that same corner where the B20 bus stop is @

Take the B15 to Broadway and Marcus Garvey Blvd or (J)(M)(Z) to Flushing Avenue

The Bx31 don't go past Westchester Square, I think you meant the Bx32 along with the Bx15 and Bx33. Take the (6) to 3rd Avenue-138th Street and get off the 3rd Avenue exit

Bx3 at 238th St .

Take the (1) to 238th Street and Broadway

Bx11, Bx27 and Bx35 is @ West Farms Road and Southern Blvd

Bx5 is @ Southern Blvd and Weschester Avenue

The Bx29 doesn't go past Co-op City-Bay Plaza and City Island so I think you meant the Bx39....Soundview Avenue and Cornell Avenue

Bx39 at Gun Hill Rd

(2)<5>, Bx28, Bx30 and Bx41 to Gun Hill Road and White Plains Road

Bx55 at 211tb St

See above statement

Broadway and 181st Street

Bx7 at 168th St

(1)(A)(C) to Washingtion Heights-168th Street and Broadway

Bx15 stops underneath Riverside Drive....take the (1), M4 and M104 to Broadway and West 125th Street

(4)(5)(6)(L)(N)(Q)(R)(W) to 14th Street-Union Square not that far from Union Square Park

The rest someone else got to help or you're own your own with that!

Im an Canarsien I can Tell About the B6, B17, B82, BM5.

B6 The last stop is Ashford/New Lots makes a Right on new lots, Left on ashford, Left on livonia Stand/layover 1st stop is Livoina/ashford.

B17 E 108 St/Seaview is the last stop there is a deadend there which the B17 turns around and stand/Layover E 108 St/Seaview that also the 1st stop.

B42 the Last stop is Rockaway Pkwy & Shore Pkwy the Layover is three Spots on the Loop, Rockaway Pkwy/Shore Before loop or Rockaway Pkwy/Shore After the Loop which is the 1st stop.

B82 The Last stop is Seaview Section H of the towers and Stand/Layover it use a loop to go back on seaview towards CI the B83 & BM5 us the loop as well.

Hope it helps.

Here are some:

The Q1 turns around at a U-Turn that's meant for cars going down Braddock to get on the Cross Island (I think), instead it completely turns around.

The Q2/Q110 just go around the Belmont Park loop and turn back on Hempstead ave.

The Q43 just makes a U-turn because there's a side street to Hillside around there (hard to explain)

That's all I have time to write about atm

Here's some that I know:

The S46 makes a U-turn at West Shore Plaza

S62/S93 makes a small U-turn ( sometimes they go futher towards the college)

S55 U-turn

S53, S57, S59, S66, S67: right on Richmond Terrace, right on Park Av, another right on church st, then left on Port Richmond Av.

S76 just makes a tight U-turn at Delwitt

B64: Left on 5 Av, right on 87th then right at 86th and 4th (R) (first and last stop)

damn that is a lot of routes you are asking for...

I'll do the best I can...

Curake is correct in that, there is a B3 stop along the side of the depot there...

I'm still unclear on this one though.. some b/o's stop dead on 25th/Bath... and then loop around the depot for the return trip...

I would go w/ MARTA's answer... I haven't rode the B6 to ashford in years....

B7 at Coney Island Av

Last stop is on the corner of CI/ (ON) Quentin road... uses CI av to get back to Kings Hwy. The brooklyn bus map is correct/accurate with that...

B11 at Brooklyn College

coming from Lutheran, last stop is ON Nostrand av, in front of the White Castle/McDonalds... it makes a left onto av H, then another left onto Flatbush... the first B11 stop is a few yards behind the B41 NB stop @ Nostrand/Flatbush....

B14 at Utica Av Station.

last stop is ON eastern pkwy at utica av {that's the NW corner}... continues down eastern pkwy, to schnectady av... swings onto the eastbound service road (not the main road)... first stop is on the SW corner of utica/eastern pkwy....

B17 at Seaview Av/East 108th St

yup, MARTA's answer is correct....

ok... B25 & Q56 do different things....

Last stop on the B25 is ON east new york av b/w Williams & Alabama... there's a new bus shelter there just for the B25 (that B25 stop is almost directly across the street from the WB B12 stop)... I don't know the turn-around scenario... but Curake gave you the correct 1st stop of the B25.

The Q56 simply comes off Jamaica, onto Fulton st, then onto Broadway... first/last stop is in front of the "main" entrance of the Broadway junction station (ON Van sinderen)... then it turns onto fulton, to Eny av (which later turns into Jamaica av....

B31/BM4 at Lois Av

U-turn's just south of Lois, where Gerritsen av ends....

B35/B70 at 39th St/1st Av

Illegally u-turns on 39th st...

B36 at Avenue U.

last stop is ON neck road b/w nostrand/east 29th...

uses east 29th & av U to get back to nostrand... first stop is ON nostrand b/w neck rd & av V.....

* just thought I'd point this out... most b/o's will let you off on Nostrand av, before it makes that turn onto neck rd

B42 at Canarsie Pier

MARTA is correct.

B43 at Box St.

last stop is ON Manhattan av b/w box & clay...

first stop is ON box st b/w Manhattan av & (w/e the name of that side street is... it forms a triangle)....

turns off Broadway, making a left on Marcus Garvey.. first/last stop is ON marcus garvey (alongside the hospital)... then it makes a left on ellery st, to get back to Broadway....

B48 at Newtown Creek.

I can definitely picture the area... I remember that long walk from nowheresville (lol).... to the G train station....

I don't know which is "correct", bro, but of the times I've taken the B48 to the last stop, I can recall:

- an illegal u-turn on Meeker where it ends (w/e that street is), and

- the B48 stopping dead on meeker & (the 2nd to last street before meeker ends)...

B64 at 86th St

"B41" (the member here on NYCTF.. lol) is correct...

As to why there is a B64 stop on 86th st, west of 4th av (heading westbound, shared w/ the B16... I have no clue... someone must have goofed)...

B68 at 15th St-Propsect Park

Bartel Pritchard Square... there is a roundabout/ a "circle", if you will...

I had to take the B35 to the B68 today (3/16/09) b/c manhattan bound B/Q trains were all screwed up this morning!

B69 at Sands St/Cadman Plaza West

there's an entrance ramp to the brooklyn bridge that divides each lane @ sands st...

that said, the last stop in ON Sands st b/w Jay & pearl... uses pearl st to "loop" around the entrance ramp, to get to the other side of sands st... first stop is ON Sands st, at the corner of Jay st.....

B70 at VA Hospital.

Comes in off cropsey av... inside VA Hospital is the first/last stop...

leaves VA hospital, then back on cropsey av, heading in the direction it came from....

B82/BM5 at Seaview Av

MARTA even went into specifics (section H)... that much I didn't know... but he is right... there is a loop it uses for the return trip....

(not the same loop one the B17 uses, Yuki... lol)

BM3 at Emmoms Av/Shore Rd

I keep forgetting the name of that school over there, but the last stop is ON Neptune av, just short of E. 14th st... it's on a corner, same side as that school I'm speaking of...

I don't think there's a "turnaround", as buses are coming off the Belt (or wherever) from Spring Creek... but the first manhattan bound stop is @ Neptune/Shore Blvd.. it's also on a corner... heading EB, it's before you cross shore blvd...

Q35 at Brooklyn College

I was on the Q35 this past friday (3/13/09)... on the bus, they had a notice about the Q35 terminal around the junction changing (yet again)... didn't get a chance to read it...

...but at the moment, the last stop is... still the same as the B11 first stop (ON flatbush b/w av. H & nostrand)... it then makes a right on nostrand av, a left onto glenwood, then another left to get back to flatbush av...

I always get on at the Av H/Flatbush av stop (like erry'one else does... haha) - that's the 2nd stop IINM... I never knew where the official 1st Queens bound stop on the Q35 was....

Please help if possible

If I remember, I'll get to the other ones (that I know of) later.....

----------------------------------------

Anyone find any errors, feel free to point em out.... I didn't think I'd get around to do this much.

ah hell, may as well help w/ the SI ones you asked for (B41 already nailed most of em !)...

Staten Island:

S40 at Howland Hook

the SI bus map is accurate...

oops.. you said at howland hook... my fault...

Turning off goethals road north, it makes a right up western, all the way to the old railroad tracks... travels a couple feet north of 'em, then makes a left inside the facility... u-turns inside the facility for the return trip.....

S46 at West Shore Plaza

I don't know how to explain this...

it barely grazes, but still, turns around inside mall property... does not pass by any stores whatsoever....

the first/last stop is alongside a brick wall of one of the stores (same side as south av)....

S52 at Staten Island University Hospital North

first/last stop is inside the hospital....

S53/S57/S59/S66/S67 at Port Richmond Terminal

"B41" is right...

S55 at Arhur Kill Correctional Facililty

yep, u-turns inside the facility... "B41" is spot on.

S56 at Tottenville High School

illegal U-turn ON Luten...

S62/S93 at COSI

how can I say this... umm...

there's a small oval that forms just before the checkpoint.. buses use that oval to get from one side of the loop, to the other... the bus stop is on the easternmost side of the loop....

S76 at Delwitt Av

Don't remember... I'll take B41's word for it.

Q35 at Brooklyn College

I was on the Q35 this past friday (3/13/09)... on the bus, they had a notice about the Q35 terminal around the junction changing (yet again)... didn't get a chance to read it...

...but at the moment, the last stop is... still the same as the B11 first stop (ON flatbush b/w av. H & nostrand)... it then makes a right on nostrand av, a left onto glenwood, then another left to get back to flatbush av...

I always get on at the Av H/Flatbush av stop (like erry'one else does... haha) - that's the 2nd stop IINM... I never knew where the official 1st Queens bound stop on the Q35 was....

The new Q35 Terminal is on Avenue H, betwewn Flatbush and Nostrand. It takes Nostrand and then turns onto flabush avenue to go back to rockaway. The terminal on Flatbush (B11 stop) was discontinued. The first stop is on Avenue H and Flatbush, where the B41 Bergen Beach bound buses stop.

The Bx5, Bx11 and Bx27 lay up along West Farms Road just east of Southern Boulevard. Since it's a five-way intersection, the Bx5 begins its route by heading straight out of layover position to head southbound on Southern Boulevard. When it finishes its route, it makes a quick turn eastbound onto Westchester Avenue, and then a left onto Hoe Avenue, before pulling in to West Farms for layover. Both the Bx11 and Bx27 access layover position, and begin their route, by way of Hoe Avenue.

The Bx25, Bx26, Bx28 and Bx30 all complete their route at the corner of Erskine Place and Earhart Lane. They layover on Erskine Place, in the same position as their last stop, before beginning a new route, the first stop of which is on Earhart Lane.

The northbound Bx19 makes its final stop at Fordham Road and Southern Boulevard. It then lays up in front of the Botanical Gardens, on the northbound side of Kazimiroff Boulevard, which actually serves as its first southbound stop. When it is ready to begin a southbound run, it makes its first stop there (although there are usually very few passengers, if any, boarding there), then U-turns around the island, before making its second (and first major) southbound stop at Fordham Road.

The B70..... it doesn't go inside, but it has it's own little side street where it turns around. The B8 does the same thing.

100% sure buses go inside the hospital area.... and that is no side street, that's hospital property.... there are 3 stops inside; one for bay ridge bound B8's, one for brownsville bound B8's, and one for the B70 heading back to sunset park....

there are buses that layover on cropsey (either alongside the hospital, or across the street from it)... those are buses laying-over from having already dropped passengers off inside the hospital, or having come straight from the depot (JG) to start a run or w/e...

If that's not what you're referring to, then I don't know what side street you're speaking of, bro.....

The new Q35 Terminal is on Avenue H, betwewn Flatbush and Nostrand. It takes Nostrand and then turns onto flabush avenue to go back to rockaway. The terminal on Flatbush (B11 stop) was discontinued. The first stop is on Avenue H and Flatbush, where the B41 Bergen Beach bound buses stop.

The b/o I had friday dropped us off at the old stop (the B11 stop)... Has the new terminal gone into effect yet? Like I said, I didn't read the notice about the new terminal, so I didn't see any dates or none'n like that...

So that stop I'm speaking of is now the 1st stop... (the one in front of that carpet store)... where those damned taxi's sometimes block the bus stop at... That's where the masses board at anyway... cool beans....

Some of those B44 drivers can't be too happy... that was the layover area for short-turn 44's (nostrand b/w av H & flatbush, across from the white castle).... haha....

IMO, there was no need for buses to turn onto Glenwood, blocking up B6's, and laying over at the corner of nostrand/flatbush - right around the corner from the B41 stop heading towards downtown....

Regardless, thanks for the info !

cont'd....

Bronx:

buses continue down 3rd av... make a left onto E 136th... then another left onto Lincoln... first stop is closer to E 138th, on the corner there... discharge only area is a few yards back....

Bx3 at 238th St.

Don't know... someone else will have to help out

see Sebbie's answer...

Bx25/Bx26/Bx28/Bx30 at Erskine Pl

see Sebbie's answer...

Bx19 at Botanical Garden.

see Sebbie's answer...

you mean the 39...

where soundview av ends, a triangular area forms... buses use that as a loop... last 27 I was on, he let me stay on the bus until the 39 came...

Bx29 at Belden St

Don't know exactly, but I've seen b/o's:

- use the loop where city island av ends, just south of Belden st

- illegally u-turn on city island av, at (the street before belden st)

Bx39 at Gun Hill Rd

last stop is on the SE corner of Gun Hill/WPR.... continues north up to 212th st, makes a left on it, and another quick left back onto WPR....

Bx40 at SUNY and Bx42 at Emerson Av

- Bx40... contains a loop before you go through the checkpoint

- Don't know what the 42 does at the last stop...

Bx55 at 211th St

same thing Bx39's do... except it turns onto some other street that forms a diagonal, instead of WPR (white plains road continues straight, the other road, slants).... that street I'm speaking of, makes for an easier turn to Gun Hill rd, heading west... before the turn onto gun hill rd, on that corner, is the first Bx55 stop....

Manhattan

at/around GWB... I'm still unclear on this... I know that all 5 of those routes don't use the same turnaround scenario, though..

Bx7 at 168th St.

I know the first stop is on St Nicholas, just short of 168th...

I don't know the last stop of the Bx7 in manhattan... i think it's one of those where the first stop is the last stop...

See CurAke's answer...

congestion/traffic.

Bx3: left at Fort Washington, left on Broadway, lay up between 178 and 179, right on 181

Bx35: layup on northeast corner of Broadway and 179, right on Broadway, right on 181

Bx13, 11, 36: layup on 179 between Broadway and Fort Washington, left on Fort Washington, left on 178, left on Wadsworth, right on 181.

Here are some from my area (Ridgewood)...

B26

Last and first stop on the corner of Wyckoff Av and Myrtle Av. It then makes a right turn up Palmetto St, then a left turn on St. Nicholas St, then another left turn on Gates Av Then A final left turn back on Wyckoff Av. There is a bus stop on Gates at Wyckoff Av.

B52

Now this one they changed temporary (its been about a year now), but it used to make a right turn on Myrtle Av, then a left turn on Palmetto St for the first and last stop which was at the corner of St. Nicholas St. Now, it makes a right turn on Irving Av, then a left turn on Palmetto for the first and last stop it now shares with the B54. After that, it makes a left turn on Wyckoff then another left onto Gates, where the bus stop is on Gates at Myrtle Av. It skips the stop on Gates Av at Wyckoff because of it.

B54

From Myrtle Av, it turns right onto Irving then a left onto Palmetto for the first and last stop which is on the corner at Wyckoff. From there, it makes a hard left turn back onto Myrtle.

Q55

From Myrtle Av (Queens), it makes a right onto St. Nicholas then a left onto Palmetto for the first and last stop. From there, it makes a hard left turn back onto Myrtle (its a very hard left turn and a blind one too)

Q58

Now this one is a little tricky. The last stop is on Wyckoff Av at Myrtle Av behind the B26 last stop. Thats where they layover at. from there, it makes a right turn onto Palmetto St and goes up to the corner at St. Nicholas where the first stop is.

The B13 does not have a terminal there except at around 1:30 a.m. I don't know where exactly it is. The bus stop going towards the mall is on palmetto St, behind the Q58 bus stop. The stop going towards Williamsburg is on Gates Av and Wyckoff Av where the B26 bus stop is. None of those buses have a stop in front of the new entrance at Myrtle-Wyckoff station.

More lines to come soon

The M7 almost ALWAYS uses 9th Street to turn up to University Place for the layover because the turn at the terminus point at 13th and Broadway is too tight and at an extremely bad angle for the Orion's to turn, so most make the relay to 9th after going dark at 13th - drivers are supposed to announce the final stop at Union Square before the relay to 9th.

Also at times, because the M7 and the M1 are based out of Amsterdam, they will occasionally swap routes, runs and schedules if there is a tripper involved.

Bronx: The Bx3 lays over along 238 St between Review Pl and Broadway, continues under Broadway, makes a U-turn on 238 St, first stop is on the opposite side of 238 St from the layover area.

Manhattan: Bx3 and Bx35 turn left on St. Nicholas Av, right on 179 St, lay over on 179 St, right on Broadway, first stop is on Broadway and 179 St, right on 181 St.

Bx11, Bx13, and Bx36 turn left on Audubon Av, right on 179 St, lay over on 179 St, right on St. Nicholas Av, first stop is on St. Nicholas Av and 179 St, right on 181 St.

Some Bx3 buses also lay over on Broadway between 178 and 179 Sts, facing nonrthbound. The first stop for these buses is at the Bx7 stop between 178 and 179 Sts. IDK how they get there, though, considering that 178 St is one-way eastbound.

• 3 weeks later...

i like this question alot i will help you to the best of my knowledge

bx11 13 36: last stop is 179st & broadway far corner. from there the bus goes to the next corner (ft. washington ave.) makes a left to 178st. then another left and the first stop is there.

the bx3 & 35: the last stop is 179st & broadway near corner. both buses make a right turn on bway to 181st then make anothe right & start picking up on wadsworth & 181st.

bx.7: last stop is 168st & bway near corner, from there it keeps going down bway to 166st makes a left to st. nicholas then another left on st. nicholas & starts picking up midblock btwn 167st & 168st.

bx.15: stays on 125st to 12.ave, makes a left on 12 ave then a left back on 125st. 125st shows up on two different blocks in that area, very strange.

q18: last stop is 27ave & 2st. the bus stays on 27ave to 1st street, makes a right to 26 ave to 2st, a right on 2st to 27 ave, then a left on 27 ave starts picking up from there.

q23: last stop is ditmars blvd & 102st. the bus stays on ditmars and goes around a rotunda back onto ditmars and starts picking up on 102st & ditmars

Archived