1-2-3 (W) and maybe the (7) Train Railfan Trip

Daniel The Cool

I need your guys opinion on my railfan trip idea on the 27th.

First I'm going to start taking the (D) at W 125th Street to W 59th Street Columbus Circle. Then I'm going to take the (:P to 34th Street Herald Square for the (W). Then I'll take the (W) to Whitehall Street-South Ferry. Then I'll try to take pics of the new South Ferry Station on the (1). After that I'll get back on the (W) line and take it to Astoria the last stop. After that I'll take the (N) or (W) to Queensboro Plaza for the (7) if I have time left. Then take it to 61st Street Woodside. then take it back to 42nd Street Manhattan for the (:) or (D) and take it home. So what do you guys think? Should I also take pics of other train lines?

Note: I can't have anyone go with me cause my parents say so

I need your guys opinion on my railfan trip idea on the 27th.

First I'm going to start taking the (D) at W 125th Street to W 59th Street Columbus Circle. Then I'm going to take the (:P to 34th Street Herald Square for the (W). Then I'll take the (W) to Whitehall Street-South Ferry. Then I'll try to take pics of the new South Ferry Station on the (1). After that I'll get back on the (W) line and take it to Astoria the last stop. After that I'll take the (N) or (W) to Queensboro Plaza for the (7) if I have time left. Then take it to 61st Street Woodside. then take it back to 42nd Street Manhattan for the (:) or (D) and take it home. So what do you guys think? Should I also take pics of other train lines?

Note: I can't have anyone go with me cause my parents say so

Since you're going to be on the 7, why not take it to 74th? Then take the E to 7th Ave and the B on the CPW?

But most of your pics are at 59 Street.

lol true..

anyways, for the end.. I would get off tho at 42nd Street or West 4th Street on the (E) for (A) at 42nd or (A)(:)(C)(D) at West 4th, since the NB end of 6th/8th AVe line can get gd shots if u want extras...

The IND lines are good for taking pics underground because the train doesn't stop all the way at the edge of the platform. You should take the 7 to 74th and then either the (E) or the (F) - your choice. If the (F) get the B at Rockefeller Center. If the (E) then take it to 7th Ave.

Good places to take pics of the (7) are at QBP, 45th Rd., 33rd (south end of the flushing-bound platform), 46th/52nd, and 61st since you're only going as far as 74th. The (E) and (F) have some good photo ops at Roosevelt Ave., Queens Plaza, Lex, and if you get the (F), all of the 63rd St. stations. It's up to you to choose the ones you want.

As other posters have said, diversity is good. You can get pics of trains at the local stations at the Brighton line (the ends of trains), the Culver and the viaduct, etc.

The IND lines are good for taking pics underground because the train doesn't stop all the way at the edge of the platform. You should take the 7 to 74th and then either the (E) or the (F) - your choice. If the (F) get the B at Rockefeller Center. If the (E) then take it to 7th Ave.

Good places to take pics of the (7) are at QBP, 45th Rd., 33rd (south end of the flushing-bound platform), 46th/52nd, and 61st since you're only going as far as 74th. The (E) and (F) have some good photo ops at Roosevelt Ave., Queens Plaza, Lex, and if you get the (F), all of the 63rd St. stations. It's up to you to choose the ones you want.

As other posters have said, diversity is good. You can get pics of trains at the local stations at the Brighton line (the ends of trains), the Culver and the viaduct, etc.

ok the only part that I can't do is the Brighton Line and 47th-50th Streets Rockefeller Center

Archived