I saw here Orion V CNG #9848 in the BX11 here are my thoughs

MTARegional Bus

9848.jpg

I hope you don't mind if I used your pic aemoreira81.

So anyway I waiting for my bus at west farms when I saw,it was pretty odd to see a bus that what once own by a Queens Surface is now part of the mtanyct fleet so to my curiosity I check it out well it was parked,luckily a kind bus driver let me in to take a look,the colored seats are still there from QS,same with the seat conflagration witch was new to me since I never took a Private bus (other then library) before so this was a sunrise for me,so driver disides to move the bus so he side would you like to come in well I parked it to the front of bus stop and I side sure, it was only for 1 min but the orion V CNG moved it felt different, same with the driver,he side that feel like driving a big track.so do you guys get the same feeling?.

If it's the only Orion V CNG at the Farms, I seen it on the Bx6 going across the 155st bridge (aka Macombs Dam Bridge), while I was on the Deegan, a few days ago. They are using that bus like a cheap.........

There's 4 orion V CNG at west farms (9831, 9845, 9848, 9863)... I was on 9848 this afternoon and its pretty good ride from Southern Blvd. to Washington Heights.... A funny thing about 9848 is that they change the back door, and the air assist hold longer than the other bus that are at College point...

There's 4 orion V CNG at west farms (9831, 9845, 9848, 9863)... I was on 9848 this afternoon and its pretty good ride from Southern Blvd. to Washington Heights.... A funny thing about 9848 is that they change the back door, and the air assist hold longer than the other bus that are at College point...

Of those four, 9831 and 9863 are marked for New York City Bus.

That means MTA MTA'ed it. That makes the trip longer, when it takes a year and a day for the back door to close. Luckily, I know how to deactivate the air assist, and open the rear doors automatically from the front. That is only when I know the door is super slow, and would make the bus late. It resets when turned off though........

Archived