Rollsigns from paint

MattTrain

Very nice, looks like a lot of work.

You know someones gonna ask about the blue S for the Lefferts shuttle. I like your version better then the yellow.

Lefferts Boulevard Shuttle should use a Blue or Gray (S), not the yellow one, I associate yellow (S) for shuttles serving the (N)(Q)(R) and (W) lines. Thanks for you comment.

Are these for SMEEs or hippos?

I intended to make the signs for the hippo cars as well as the SMEEs 60 foot cars. I liked the R68 and R68A's original destination signs before they were changed in 2001. Thanks for asking.

Those are awesome. I assume you like the original R68/A rollsigns that are found on R68 2807 & 2818, right? Good stuff you have there.

Yes, I do like the original signs, good observation they are on 2807 and 2818. I did see a original roll sign on a R68A 5063 once on the (-_-.

The route signs, all their letters are big in the circles. Before they were just the right size, didn't fill up the whole circle.

B.jpg

Before the change

B2-1.jpg

After the change

I hate the change, it's so unnatural

The change with the big letters seems a bit insulting when you think of it, because changing the size of the letter in the circle suggests that riders are blind and can't tell what letter route it is.

Nice! What is the link?

Thank you, I did not provide the link yet.

The change with the big letters seems a bit insulting when you think of it, because changing the size of the letter in the circle suggests that riders are blind and can't tell what letter route it is.

I dissagre a little on the, the big letters make it easy to see at a distance. They could have had the letter that is shown on the inside remain smaller though, like they did on the R32 signs.

• 7 months later...

Archived