Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
MattTrain

Rollsigns from paint

I made some roll signs from using Paint, and they're relatively easy to make, but also time consuming. Here are the signs.

A1sign-1.jpg

A2Sign-1.jpg

A3Sign-1.jpg

A4sign.jpg

A5sign.jpg

A6Sign.jpg

Bsign-1.jpg

B2.jpg

B3Sign.jpg

Csign-1.jpg

C2Sign.jpg

Dsign-1.jpg

D2sign.jpg

D3.jpg

Esign2.jpg

Esign-1.jpg

E3sign.jpg

Fsign2.jpg

Fsign-1.jpg

F3Sign.jpg

Gsign-1.jpg

Hsign-1.jpg

Jsign-1.jpg

J2Sign.jpg

J3Sign.jpg

Lsign-1.jpg

L2sign.jpg

L3Sign.jpg

Msign-1.jpg

M2Sign.jpg

M3Sign.jpg

M4sign.jpg

M5Sign.jpg

M6Sign.jpg

M7Sign.jpg

Nsign-1.jpg

N2sign.jpg

N3sign.jpg

Qsign-1.jpg

Q2sign.jpg

Q3sign.jpg

Rsign-1.jpg

R2sign.jpg

R3sign.jpg

Ssign.jpg

S2sign.jpg

S3Sign.jpg

Vsign-1.jpg

W2sign.jpg

W3Sign.jpg

Very nice, looks like a lot of work.

You know someones gonna ask about the blue S for the Lefferts shuttle. I like your version better then the yellow.

Lefferts Boulevard Shuttle should use a Blue or Gray (S), not the yellow one, I associate yellow (S) for shuttles serving the (N)(Q)(R) and (W) lines. Thanks for you comment.

Are these for SMEEs or hippos?

I intended to make the signs for the hippo cars as well as the SMEEs 60 foot cars. I liked the R68 and R68A's original destination signs before they were changed in 2001. Thanks for asking.

Those are awesome. I assume you like the original R68/A rollsigns that are found on R68 2807 & 2818, right? Good stuff you have there.

Those are awesome. I assume you like the original R68/A rollsigns that are found on R68 2807 & 2818, right? Good stuff you have there.

Yes, I do like the original signs, good observation they are on 2807 and 2818. I did see a original roll sign on a R68A 5063 once on the (-_-.

The route signs, all their letters are big in the circles. Before they were just the right size, didn't fill up the whole circle.

B.jpg

Before the change

B2-1.jpg

After the change

I hate the change, it's so unnatural

The change with the big letters seems a bit insulting when you think of it, because changing the size of the letter in the circle suggests that riders are blind and can't tell what letter route it is.

Nice! What is the link?

Thank you, I did not provide the link yet.

The change with the big letters seems a bit insulting when you think of it, because changing the size of the letter in the circle suggests that riders are blind and can't tell what letter route it is.

I dissagre a little on the, the big letters make it easy to see at a distance. They could have had the letter that is shown on the inside remain smaller though, like they did on the R32 signs.

Not bad! I never knew there was 145th St- St. Nicholas Avenue, Manhattan for the R68s?

I never seen it on a R68, even with the old style signs. I just put it there for extras.

Very nice rollsigns from Paint, Metatops! I like the (E)(H)(L)(W) and (Q) rollsigns.

Thanks a lot, I'm glad you like them. It's been about eight months since I first posted these.