Are you allowed to ride the loops?

UlmerPark B6

Then the (MTA) would have to move the (2) to the tunnel under East River and move the train uptown again... South Ferry would be more covienient...

Lawd...lets try this again one more time. If there's a G/O that inconvenience the (2) and (3) trains....they either end the (3) @ either Times Square-42nd Street or 14th Street. They will sent the (2) via Lexington Avenue Line through South Ferry outer loop....get it now?

How can they send the (2)/(3) to Lex when it is going downtown and in Manhattan? The Joralemon Tunnel only applies to uptown trains...

The East Side IRT ((4),(5)) uses the Joralemon St tunnel between Borough Hall, Brooklyn and Bowling Green. The West Side IRT((2),(3)) uses the Clark St tunnel between Clark St, Brooklyn and Wall and William St in Manhattan. There are times during G.O.'s when the (2),(4), or (5) may use the other tunnel between the boroughs but the (3) only uses the Clark St. one.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Now that is more correct, :(...

Then how can the (2) use Joralemon when it is going downtown toward Brooklyn?

Run its regular route to Chambers, then over the (1) to South Ferry. Run through the outer loop and then go to Bowling Green. Then it will run over the (4)(5) through Joralemon and then regular once it hits Boro Hall in Brooklyn. Its something similar to that.

I hope you guy's realize that a G.O like that does NOT happen because it requires a reverse move or a cross over to Wall St. 2 train would have only these options to travel to Brooklyn...

1. Move onto the outer loop, reverse direction and pull into Brookyln bound track at Bowling Green, then proceed in right direction to Brooklyn.

2. Go around the outer loop and pull into the uptown Bowling Green track. They woudl thne use the cross over north of the station, pull into Wall St and then proceed to Brooklyn.

Both highly, HIGHLY unlikely in a short term G.O. Any reroute for the (2), (3), and (5) would have them going back up to the Bronx via Lex or 7th Ave/Broadway. There is no one-direction move for them to take to continue through to Brooklyn. Don't believe me? Take a look at the track map. And make sure you read what I wrote correctly, before saying I'm wrong.

bigdowntown.png

Both highly, HIGHLY unlikely in a short term G.O. Any reroute for the (2), (3), and (5) would have them going back up to the Bronx via Lex or 7th Ave/Broadway. There is no one-direction move for them to take to continue through to Brooklyn. Don't believe me? Take a look at the track map. And make sure you read what I wrote correctly, before saying I'm wrong.

Not highly unlikely, when the (4) was out, and there was work to be done at Fulton, that's what happened, the (5) used the loop and went up 7th Avenue, or the (2) going up Lex, don't remember.

Reading comprehension is something many should work on.

I know trains get sent back up via Lex or 7th ave. What I'm saying is 2 trains cannot go into Brooklyn if they go to South Ferry Loop without a time consuming reverse move. And that any G.O. would have them sen't back up to the Bronx.

I know trains get sent back up via Lex or 7th ave. What I'm saying is 2 trains cannot go into Brooklyn if they go to South Ferry Loop without a time consuming reverse move. And that any G.O. would have them sen't back up to the Bronx.

Yep. It would indeed be time consuming if MTA would have the 7th Avenue Express Lines move to Brooklyn via the loop. However, if it is necessary to an extent, then I'm sure MTA would not bother to run the (2) or (3) to Brooklyn at all and just have trains terminate at Chambers.

I also remember long time ago Weekend G.O., I remember downtown (5) going uptown 7th Av (2) and downtown (2) going upton Lex Av (5) local made stop at Old South Ferry and Rector St when there was no (1) bet. 14th & South Ferry.

I remember exactly.

I also remember sign at Bowling Green.

(5) train will stop at South Ferry and Rector St. (5) train conductors are making announcement that you must be in first five cars to get off at South Ferry Station.

Same for (2) train with at Chambers St, G.O. sign downtown (2) will stop at Rector St and South Ferry before going uptown on Lex Av.

And yet, every 18 months or so, we do run a GO on the midnights where (2)s go down the West Side, loop South Ferry and go to Wall St (East Side). The crew changes there and the new crew takes it south to Bowling green and then on to Flatbush, where they change ends and take the same train back to 241 St via the West Side.

Archived