South Ferry Term Is Open! (56k Warning)

R62A 1991

Well, not right now, because of the water main break. But it looks beautiful. I met CurAke, Majinvegeta, and a few other railfans that I didn't get their handles. But thank you everyone I met for making my experience at the new station great. Here we go!

First, photos of the old station, 2 hours before.

100_4779.jpg

100_4780.jpg

But enough of that. Outside:

100_4786.jpg

100_4787.jpg

Whitehall St:

100_4788.jpg

(W) trains aren't programmed yet.

100_4792.jpg

100_4793.jpg

Rector St:

100_4797.jpg

Last train to the loop:

100_4802.jpg

First train to the station:

100_4805.jpg

New Station!

100_4808.jpg

100_4810.jpg

100_4813.jpg

100_4816.jpg

Next train sign:

100_4819.jpg

Singles from Livonia showed up!

100_4821.jpg

So did a (2) rollsign:

100_4830.jpg

And an old MTA Logo:

100_4831.jpg

It's the new south ferry station.

100_4834.jpg

Videos:

There you are, hope you enjoyed. Looking forward to seeing everyone else's pics. Go visit when the (1) isn't FUBARed like it is right now.

Great pics! I got there after class today around 4:15 and I just missed the train which went BIE. Service was delayed for about 20 min so I got a good look around and you can see the model board from out side the tower. Its a very nice station, but very bland compared to old South Ferry.

Great pics! I got there after class today around 4:15 and I just missed the train which went BIE. Service was delayed for about 20 min so I got a good look around and you can see the model board from out side the tower. Its a very nice station, but very bland compared to old South Ferry.

I agree, it is bland, but it does look good. Thanks!

Looks nice and Nice pics BTW!

I'll probably head down and see it when I'm in the city on either Wednesday or Thursday.

Thanks! Definitely take a look, it looks great.

Damn, I've never been to the old one, Nice shots!

Thanks. I'm sorry to hear that, you really missed a lot. Search youtube, I have a few videos as do other railfans.

Great pictures. I'm going there after work to check this new station out and I can't wait to see it!

Thanks. Definitely go.

Nice shots, I might head later or tomo. Were there lots of people?

Thanks. No, not as many as I expected, but we had a good railfanning crowd.

Missed it last week, missed PA5's man no luck at all for me lately.

Nice photos! :cool:

- A

Aww...I'm sorry. Don't give up, you have no choice but to go to the new station now anyway. Thanks!

Very nice catches! I'm eager to see it myself next month! :)

Thanks! Like I've said, definitely go.

Very nice pix and vids... I was there around 4:00-5:00... Quiet station, luckily there was a musician playing music... I took pix of the transfer area... I will do outside and inside this spring... I still saw some of the Old Ferry posters up on the R-62's...

You were?

I was by the booth at the main entry at 4:26

Those are some great vids and pics there. It was awesome meeting you, we should fan one day !

I think the best part was when the contractor was trying to get the (1) Train poster, but then got trapped in the car and the train left with him in it! Everyone in the station, even the transit personnel was cracking up, that was the connection with transit officials and railfans!

nice shots man..im soooo going to pay the new station a visit,

Thanks. Go visit. That's all I have to say.

Nice shots. My parents will sure be surprised when they take another ride to SF. Can't wait to take a trip there in person myself.

Thanks. They'll be as surprised as the rest of the folks going there for the first time.

Very nice pix and vids... I was there around 4:00-5:00... Quiet station, luckily there was a musician playing music... I took pix of the transfer area... I will do outside and inside this spring... I still saw some of the Old Ferry posters up on the R-62's...

Thanks. As soon as the station opened, they got a musician AND a guy handing out religious pamphlets. They know how to be everywhere.

I miss the loop + all the other goodies the old station had...

I will to, but I'm glad this finally opened.

Those are some great vids and pics there. It was awesome meeting you, we should fan one day !

I think the best part was when the contractor was trying to get the (1) Train poster, but then got trapped in the car and the train left with him in it! Everyone in the station, even the transit personnel was cracking up, that was the connection with transit officials and railfans!

Thanks. We'll meet again someday. And I think that was definitely the funniest part of the trip. The fact that everyone was laughing made it even funnier.

Did you see a guy with an iPhone and taking pix? I am that guy with lenghty hair, chubby like a rail-fan with a tan-ish jacket... I porbably saw you but I was walking pretty fast, :(...

Not really. I used a sliding phone and was on the mezzanine of all 3 exits. I was taking pictures of the architecture and the tracks. I'm an Asian kid with a black jacket and black jeans. Kind of short. Have glasses. That's about it. I was outside also.

Archived