• (C) - Eighth Avenue Local
    • (D) - Sixth Avenue Express
    • (E) - Eighth Avenue Local
    • (F) - Sixth Avenue Local
    • (G) - Crosstown Local
    • (H) - Rockaway Shuttle
    • (V) - Sixth Avenue Local

Im a (D)elta man cant help it..:):rolleyes:

When nobody in "certain" towers play thier games you are at Stillwell and back up at 205th in no time..

Of coruse when there is any G.O where the (D)elta has to go to another line or vice versa all bets are off.

Of coruse when i made this post i just LOVED that (D)elta...

Not any more found a home on the (J) Line....

Dont plan on leaving it any time soon!

Of coruse i can get picked out as well...

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm going for the (E). Bypasses 10 local stations in Queens, and takes a seperate route between 36 Street and 65 Streets.

The (E) does have a neat express run in Queens with Roosevelt Avenue-Jackson Heights in the middle and five local stations on each side and the triangulate tunnel is cool.

In Queens, the (A) uses the former B.M.T. Fulton Street El on Liberty Avenue with a nearly neat spacing of eight Queens blocks - 104th Street to 111th Street is the exception. Rockaway Boulevard is approximately 96th Street and Lefferts Boulevard is approximately 119th Street.

• 3 weeks later...

The (A) has a nice long express route except late nights & some weekends G.O.s when it goes local. Its one of those trains that stays exp thru out the day without making local stops. Like other trains that stays exp without local stops including, (D)(N)(4)(5)(<7> weekdays).

Trains that make exp & loc stops thru out the day: (2)(3)((:P weekdays)(E)(F)(Q).

Trains that make loc stops all day where is skipped by exp trains: (1)(6)((7) weekdays)(C)(R)(V)(W).

Trains that make loc stops 24/7 and is a single line (G)(L)((J)(Z) except weekdays when it make skip stops and runs exp between Myrtle-Bway to Marcy)(M).

Trains that's exp but run loc late nights:(2)(4)(A)((E) Queens)((N) also weekends).

Trains that stays exp late nights:((3) shuttle)(D)((F) Queens)((Q) Manhattan).

Trains that run only on weekdays:<4><6><7>(:)(V)(W)(Z).(MTA)

Trains that run peak direction exp:<4><5><6><7>(D).

Overall I think that (A) is best.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

For me, my favorite IND Line is the (G) line becuase of the provisions for the Second System.

If you're in the last car of the southbound (G) line at Broadway station..you can see the darkened transfer tunnel that would have taken you to the upper levels where the 6-track, 4-island platform South 4th st station is located. There is also a closed off door located in the station where the walkway is.

The middle track at the Bedford–Nostrand Avenues station which was a provison of a line continuing down Lafayette Avenue, and Stanhope Street to a junction with a line under Myrtle Avenue and Central Avenue to form a 4-track line to the Rockaways.

The middle trackway at Classon appears to have been set aside for a relay or a lay up track. If you look at the south end of the south bound at Classon, there is a room there that looks like it was to become a tower. It looks like other towers of the IND. Large door and several windows. This was also at the north end of the north bound at 63 Dr. for that proposed Rockaway connection. It has since been changed for other uses and doesn't resemble a tower room anymore. I believe that had they built that line that feeds into the (G) at Bed/Nost. that it would have been a terminal at certain times of the day. There are some rooms north of the station's northbound platform that resemble crew facilities. The middle trackway at Classon would have been very handy. Strange that they had never left it as 3 trackways BETWEEN Bed/Nost. and Classon.

• 4 months later...

Favorite from best to least:

(A)-nice long express route, nice ride to Queens and The Rockaways.

(D)-nice long express route(including Bronx Peak Exp), nice ride to Coney Island.

(E)-nice express route in Queens, very frequent.

(F)-nice express route in Queens, but has a long loc route in, Manhattan and Brooklyn, also goes to Coney Island. I also like the Culver Viaduct portion.

(:P-Brighton exp(after the rehabs are complete), nice ride along 6 Av. Also serves the Bronx.

Archived