Where can I find the R38s?

R68 Subway Car

There is still a set running on the (C) line I saw it again today

i also saw it today, but i am certain that the entire fleet of R38s are longer on the (NYCT)'s active revenue list, so the odds of finding an R38 are very slim. they are now only used if the R32s need maintence. those cars are considered "retired" now.

i also saw it today, but i am certain that the entire fleet of R38s are longer on the (NYCT)'s active revenue list, so the odds of finding an R38 are very slim. they are now only used if the R32s need maintence. those cars are considered "retired" now.

They will be gone once more R160As go in service on the E. Then the R32s from Jamaica would be sent to 207 and clear out any remaining R38s and slants.

Well, the remaining R-38's are possibly gonna be used as 'spares' for the Museam Fleet... I am pretty sure the remaining R-38's will be used like the RedBirds or may possibly be used for a final rail-fan trip like what I said (R-32, R-38, R-40, R-40M and R-42 coupled together)... I would love to see it on some time like Summer trip, :(!

Only 2 will be kept. The others may be used for work or might be as well drowned.

Yup, I agreed asd said on another thread quote "I know, I guess the other may be used for Work on BMT/IND Lines while the retired RedBirds go on the IRT for safety purposes..."

What do you mean safety issues? A division cars can travel on B division lines. It's not the other way around.

You guys don't get it... I give up explaining so I won't have to post like a crazy guy... Same for you two...

Okay then, Maserati proved it never happened so I was rather guessing too much...

It CAN'T happen. People aren't supposed to enter work trains, not just getting close to them.

You guys don't get it... I give up explaining so I won't have to post like a crazy guy... Same for you two...

Okay then, Maserati proved it never happened so I was rather guessing too much...

Put it this way:

If the train doesn't display the route you want and the doors open up, don't go near it. :-P

Guest Charles

As of 1:30 PM this afternoon, #4099-4098 were the lead cars in a (C) to 168 Street...3778 and 3779 were also in that set, I couldn't catch anything else.

They're still alive!!!

If the R38 cars wern't on the active revenue list,you wouldn't see one on

the road.so they are not retired as of yet,but they will be.

Archived