Questions: G Train

Lefferts Blvd X

Ok so as far as I kno, the (G) is supposed to be extended to Church Ave and at the same time cut back to Court Square (if the (MTA) has its way). And when that happens, the (G) is gonna switch to the C.I. Yard and use R68/68A or R160A/B. But I was curious:

The (G) runs 4 cars, are they gonna make the (G) full length?

Is it possible (this is a suggestion by me) to extend the (G) during rush hours to Kings Highway (instead of the (F) doing so)?

And lastly, is it possible that there is gonna be an (F) express?

If someone can give me answers, it would be gladly apprecieated.

I think the (G) will still be based out of JY and still use R46. There is not acess to CIY from the Culver unless you run trains OOS through Stillwell Ave. The Ave. X yard is a storage yard only. As for full lenght trains, I don't know if that is going to happen soon, I heard the next R160 order is going to be delayed and the R32s might be around another year which means there are not enough new cars for 8 or 10 car (G) trains (depending on the equipment used). As for (F) express service, only time will tell. I personally have not heard of any plans for it, but as has been discussed here, the need for the service south of Church Ave. is very low.

I think the (G) will still be based out of JY and still use R46. There is not acess to CIY from the Culver unless you run trains OOS through Stillwell Ave. The Ave. X yard is a storage yard only. As for full lenght trains, I don't know if that is going to happen soon, I heard the next R160 order is going to be delayed and the R32s might be around another year which means there are not enough new cars for 8 or 10 car (G) trains (depending on the equipment used). As for (F) express service, only time will tell. I personally have not heard of any plans for it, but as has been discussed here, the need for the service south of Church Ave. is very low.

It will be based out of CI. I don't have any sources from the (MTA) stating this but I think T/Os have confirmed this before. But IINM, if the G is cut to Court Sq., CI will be a shorter deadhead than one to Jamaica will be. Not to mention that there is no next R160 order. There are enough R160s ordered to retire every R32-R42 car. The R44s are being retired by the R179. R160 option 3 is a rumor. The (G) trains would either be 4 R68 cars or 5 R60 cars, which would require a total of 44-48 R68s or 50-60 R160s.

It will be based out of CI. I don't have any sources from the (MTA) stating this but I think T/Os have confirmed this before. But IINM, if the G is cut to Court Sq., CI will be a shorter deadhead than one to Jamaica will be. Not to mention that there is no next R160 order. There are enough R160s ordered to retire every R32-R42 car. The R44s are being retired by the R179. R160 option 3 is a rumor. The (G) trains would either be 4 R68 cars or 5 R60 cars, which would require a total of 44-48 R68s or 50-60 R160s.

The G will be transferred to CI soon. And when it does, it could use the Culver express track, much more efficient. The second option order hasn't even arrive, why should we all be talking about a third option order? And when the G is transferred, MOST LIKELY it would use R68As. When the N, Q and W become all R160, then what's going to happen with the extraneous R68A sets?

Its amazing how quickly rumors, possibilities, and "subject to change plans" become stone cold hard fact in the eyes of some.

People remember this is RTO and anything can change overnight. Remember how everyone thought almost all the slants would be gone by the end of LAST summer?

Its amazing how quickly rumors, possibilities, and "subject to change plans" become stone cold hard fact in the eyes of some.

People remember this is RTO and anything can change overnight. Remember how everyone thought almost all the slants would be gone by the end of LAST summer?

maybe we should just stop spreading rumors until it has been confirmed. i also recall someone constantly saying that all R32s will be retired by December 2008 and that R42s will remain until 2015 when it is quite obvious neither of those cases were possible.

Archived