Interesting stuff

bigrene18

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

Between DeKalb Avenue and the Manhattan Bridge, there is a provision for a never-built loop that would of turn trains around back to Southern Brooklyn.

Where is this, I have never herd about it. I know there used to be the Nassau Street Loop, trains go through Montague Street tunnel then back to Brooklyn over the Manhattan Bridge.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

Where is this, I have never herd about it. I know there used to be the Nassau Street Loop, trains go through Montague Street tunnel then back to Brooklyn over the Manhattan Bridge.

Between DeKalb Avenue and the Manhattan Bridge, take the Manhattan-bound (:) or (D) and look out the right side window. You'll see a bellmouth that ramps down to a lower level. It goes beneath all four Manhattan Bridge tracks. It ramps up & rejoins onto the Coney Island-bound (N) and (Q) track. The bellmouth will be towards the right of the CI-bound (N) and (Q) track. The unused loop wasn't built with any track. The bellmouths are dark.

Man o man did you do your homework on this (1) I enjoyed reading this (1)thanx (K)<R>

Thanx!

Archived