What the freight?!

metsfan

Polease! I've seen seen so many mixed trains like that, it ain't uncommon. It seems more like the norm around here to be honest. You can find CSX, Con-Rail, and NS in the same trainset, and other combos you can think of........

What you saw was probably a Conrail Shared Assets train. Equipment gets shared between NS and CSX and some wear Conrail paint and logos with NS or CSX numbers and reporting marks on it. This caboose for example is painted in NS red but still wears Conrail logos and numbers.

CR21303.jpg

It was not CSAO related, but probably NS was short of power and needed something or the unit needed a ride back to home rails. As for BNSF/UP/CP/CN power showing up here, thats nothing new railroad power from all over has been showing up on other companies rails for years. And If you think its odd seeing CSX and NS power together come out here to Central Jersey and CSAO Browns Yard I see it every day. Most units in NS and CSX pain hooked up together that you will see are ex-Conrail units.

Ah, ok, i've just never seen them mixed, however i did see trains that had solid csx or ns power. In fact i think from memory it's been csx one way and ns the other way. I think it is conrail, because its the only line that goes between where it does. The other lines are much farther north and south. I believe the next crossing to the north is near easton, and aside from :nec: tracks the next one is down on the other side of philly.

Thanks for all the feedback! :(

- A

It also could of done track rights.

Yea, actually i've been pondering this, and i think it's actually CSX owned, with NS rights to use them. CSX engine in the lead till CSX tracks end & second NS engine hooks up (if it even needs that). I have seen that before once but not on the bridge.

- A

Archived