R32 E train

Bracamonte

Question: And what's wrong with one R-32 running on the (E)? Its just a damn train. I'm tired of ppl complaining about the damn 32's.....like I said in a previous thread if you don't like it then don't ride it.....its plain and simple. And ppl need to stop speaking for passengers on a transportation system, pls speak for yourself and no one else. You don't work for (MTA) Census Bureau, so cut the crap. Yes the R-32's A/C unit sucks during the summer time and yes the brakes is loud, but so the hell what. Some of ya'll make me want to gorge out my eyes and rip out my hair b/c of the utter foolishness I have to read on here. Yeah I have a dislike for certain trains on here, but you don't see me saying ppl don't like this train for this specific reason, I say I like dislike this train b/c.....I speak for myself ,not (MTA) or another person speaks for me. Some of ya'll isn't ready for real world b/c I see ppl on here don't like change. For ppl whom want to be future C/R's or T/O's pls don't and take the track worker or station cleaner examination maybe that will best suite you, with that said....that's my 2 cents for the night!

Question: And what's wrong with one R-32 running on the (E)? Its just a damn train. I'm tired of ppl complaining about the damn 32's.....like I said in a previous thread if you don't like it then don't ride it.....its plain and simple. And ppl need to stop speaking for passengers on a transportation system, pls speak for yourself and no one else. You don't work for (MTA) Census Bureau, so cut the crap. Yes the R-32's A/C unit sucks during the summer time and yes the brakes is loud, but so the hell what. Some of ya'll make me want to gorge out my eyes and rip out my hair b/c of the utter foolishness I have to read on here. Yeah I have a dislike for certain trains on here, but you don't see me saying ppl don't like this train for this specific reason, I say I like dislike this train b/c.....I speak for myself ,not (MTA) or another person speaks for me. Some of ya'll isn't ready for real world b/c I see ppl on here don't like change. For ppl whom want to be future C/R's or T/O's pls don't and take the track worker or station cleaner examination maybe that will best suite you, with that said....that's my 2 cents for the night!

:eek::)

*applauds* :tup:

...though i must admit, the Coney Island R42s were not as bad as their MK counterparts. they were not as rusted and did not get beaten up or vandalized constantly. riding them was enjoyable for me).

Your lack of knowledge blinds me.:cool:

I guess that I shouldn't mention that the CI R42's had so much underbody rot that, from inside my Train Operator's cab, I could look back behind my seat on quite a few cars and see the train tracks below. And yes, I'm dead serious. I always wondered (way in the back of my head) if I hit a serious bump, would I be able to hang on for dear life onto the master controller if the floor were to collapse?

I'm glad the CI 42's are 86'd.

the (F) cars are also maintained by Jamaica Yard. having the R32s on the (F) makes the Culver Line fun as well unless you have a hatred for the sexy brightliners for reasons i do not know. the R38s and slants debuted on the (F), but there were some photos of them on the (E). R32s look better on the (E) than R46s, so do not say it is a downgrade. R46s are not allowed on the (E) because of fewer doors and overcrowding. the (E) riders are very inconsistent. when the report saying the (E) had the worst air-conditioning of all lines was released last summer, its riders they wanted cars that have good air-conditioning and not the R32s, so (NYCT) put some R42s there, but then riders said they hated the R42s because they are rusted, ugly, and uncomfortable (and i do not blame them for saying that). that is when (NYCT) was planning to send all R42s in the system to Pitkin so they only run on the (A)(C), but then (C) riders about the position problems the R40/40M/42s presented, so that is why the car assignment looks the way it are today with (E) riders suffering with crappy cars. i know the (E) will be fully R160s with the (Q) in the summer, which is a good idea for both lines. only then will i resume riding the (E) line.

Are you serious? Please tell me you joking. You mean to tell me that you would stop riding an ENTIRE line because of a certain car? Wow, that's all I can say

Originally Posted by CurAke79

Question: And what's wrong with one R-32 running on the ? Its just a damn train. I'm tired of ppl complaining about the damn 32's.....like I said in a previous thread if you don't like it then don't ride it.....its plain and simple. And ppl need to stop speaking for passengers on a transportation system, pls speak for yourself and no one else. You don't work for Census Bureau, so cut the crap. Yes the R-32's A/C unit sucks during the summer time and yes the brakes is loud, but so the hell what. Some of ya'll make me want to gorge out my eyes and rip out my hair b/c of the utter foolishness I have to read on here. Yeah I have a dislike for certain trains on here, but you don't see me saying ppl don't like this train for this specific reason, I say I like dislike this train b/c.....I speak for myself ,not or another person speaks for me. Some of ya'll isn't ready for real world b/c I see ppl on here don't like change. For ppl whom want to be future C/R's or T/O's pls don't and take the track worker or station cleaner examination maybe that will best suite you, with that said....that's my 2 cents for the night!

Yes! Yes! OMG YES!:tup::tup::tup:

Your lack of knowledge blinds me.:cool:

I guess that I shouldn't mention that the CI R42's had so much underbody rot that, from inside my Train Operator's cab, I could look back behind my seat on quite a few cars and see the train tracks below. And yes, I'm dead serious. I always wondered (way in the back of my head) if I hit a serious bump, would I be able to hang on for dear life onto the master controller if the floor were to collapse?

I'm glad the CI 42's are 86'd.

Jeez, is there a tendency for more "ageness" to be visible from the cabs than from the public areas of the cars?

I think it's dumb to have R32s on the E. If you are waiting at 8th Av. for a local and see a R32, most likely it's a C. Very rarely it's anything else. 1 dumb R32 train on the E just spoils it and makes people look at the small signs to see what it is. If its an R40M/R42 it's an E or if it is an R160 it is an E, you know they aren't Cs. There are enough R42/R40s in Jamaica to not have to run the R32s anymore on the E.

1. Its not stupid putting the R32's on the (E)

2. The (E) is going to loose most of its R160's to the (F) until more full in, I heard this from a TSS, Replacements R32's and some R46's on the side

3.quit whining about the R32's, They are great subway cars.

2. The (E) is going to loose most of its R160's to the (F) until more full in, I heard this from a TSS, Replacements R32's and some R46's on the side

u are absolutely right. R32s are far superior to the St Louis cars in every way possible.

u are absolutely right. R32s are far superior to the St Louis cars in every way possible.
Only the R40-R42. The E should be entirely R160A and should not lose cars to the F before the order is complete. Both the R32s and R42s have horrible brakes that can kill the elderly.

Only the R40-R42. The E should be entirely R160A and should not lose cars to the F before the order is complete. Both the R32s and R42s have horrible brakes that can kill the elderly.

the (F) needs new cars as well. you are just saying that because you love the R38s and R44s and i still have absolutely no idea why.

the (F) needs new cars as well. you are just saying that because you love the R38s and R44s and i still have absolutely no idea why.
The F can wait until the E is all R160As. The R46s might be shaky, but they still hold the F quite well.

The R32 has those terrible flipdots in the front and small signs on the sides. When the trains are in crowded stations it is hard to tell what they are. That's why I say it is dumb because there is only 1 R32 on the E. The only way you can tell is if you ride the back of the train and the last car goes to the end of the platform, otherwise you have to look for the small signs that say it is an E. If there are no R32 E trains then the line can be distinguished by its equipment. R32, it's a C. R40M/R42, R160, occasional R46, it's an E.

I don't see the E losing its R160s. It's a 60-footer, the E is the line that is deemed needs the 60 footers. I don't see the E running lots of R46s. A few now and then. But the R46 has very clear signs and at least when the digital sign works on the side it is easy to see what the train is. It is also very easy to tell from the front, and that's true of the R40M/R42 as well.

The R46s are being SMSd. They are now smoother and don't look archaic. The only thing wrong are those mismatched blue seats. The 46s don't look and feel modern, but they don't look and feel extremely old either. I still find the R46 quiet with a deluxe interior and a fairly smooth ride depending on the maintenance. And for nonpeak hours, it has lots of seats for its riders for the long route. The F is a premium line, it runs something like 46 trains during peak hours. That's a lot of trains. But it doesn't need to be upgraded as much as the E which is overdue.

Enjoy your R32s on the C. At least for a little while longer. They work best there. I'm not saying they were terrible cars but they are beyond long in the tooth currently. When will you come to that reality? There are just nicer and more reliable equipment the MTA has to offer to the high ridership lines like the E and F.

Archived