photos from March 21st

Joe

On Saturday I met up with Stan (aka Urbanfortitude) for some photos and a trip out to Rockaway (on a slant (A) no less!). These are some of the shots that I thought were halfway decent.

R46 #6204 on the (A) headed northbound out of the Rockaways into Rockaway Blvd. I took this one from the parking lot of the White Castle on Rockaway Blvd.

cf580291.jpg

R40 (A) at Broad Channel destined for Utica Ave. The T/O didn't seem too pleased with me taking his photo. :)

d4251500.jpg

R46 (G) at Smith-9th Sts. I don't remember but I believe it was emptying out here before proceeding to relay. Another camera-shy T/O.

12ff3d79.jpg

Another R46 (G) headed to Court Square out of Smith-9th. It's a shame that wire got in the way.

c20b39e1.jpg

R46 (F) enters Smith-9th on its way to Coney Island. This was the only good closeup I got of this one, the shot before it would have been perfect if it wasn't for the signal getting in the way. Oh well.

05bb59f6.jpg

We rode the (F) in the previous shot to Ditmas Ave. As it took off I grabbed this shot off the north end of the platform.

3a0aa97f.jpg

After a short wait this (F) emerges from the tunnel, what's with all these angry looking T/Os lately?

8a6c4276.jpg

When we arrived at Coney Island I switched from the beast 80-200 2.8 to my old 50mm 1.4 manual focus. This was shot leaning over the fence on the crossover. The two NYCT employees standing ~20 feet behind us didn't seem to mind us clicking away. Not a bad shot for manual focus, eh?

97abe4d0.jpg

Thanks for looking.

nice shots, the T/os just hate being taken as usaull, and then some spit garbage out there mouth claiming us as transit buffs and not allowed to take shots and crap. Same as many of the workers out there. God Bless the Ones who know the rules =)!

nice shots, the T/os just hate being taken as usaull, and then some spit garbage out there mouth claiming us as transit buffs and not allowed to take shots and crap. Same as many of the workers out there. God Bless the Ones who know the rules =)!

It's one thing to take a picture of a train but if a worker asks you not to take his picture, respect his wishes. I don't like my picture being taken and I WILL give YOU problems if you do it without asking me.

It's one thing to take a picture of a train but if a worker asks you not to take his picture, respect his wishes. I don't like my picture being taken and I WILL give YOU problems if you do it without asking me.

I'm much the same way, I like my spot...behind the camera. ;)

Some people tend to be misguided on what we're photographing though, it's not them we want, it's the 90,000lb horse they're operating. :)

Archived