East New York/Fresh Pond/Grand Avenue/Flatbush/Manhattanville/Ulmer Park Depots

Micstromme

For some reason, there has been some serious swaps coming to play in Brooklyn and Manhattan. First, Flatbush gave up their highest 51/52xxs to Michael Quill Depot after the tragic incident on the B46 bus last year. That was fine, especially since the 1999 RTS' that they received were, in my opinion, much better than the ones that they had previously. Anyways, the depot also gave their TMCs to Grand Avenue, East New York, and Manhattanville. That was fun since the depot was receiving Hybrids from Orion. Next, Fresh Pond, GA, and ENY start swapping buses with the return of the B15 to the ENY Depot from GA. That was also a weird service because of the amount of 87/88xxs that were taken from some existing depots around the city. Now, ENY and GA are receiving TMCs from Manhattanville(the 84xxs,85xxs,80-83xxs, etc) and FP has given some 95xxs to GA. And Finally, Flatbush and Ulmer Park have swapped some 50xxs in exchange for their 9000s, which is just good.

I would like to know what some of you think about these switches? Do they take you by surprise or do you expect things like this to happen in rough economic times like this?

126th Street, GA, FP and ENY received some ex-Manhattanville & Flatbush TMCs, they are trying to branch out the 8400-8500s as possible, that way, the NGs can be delivered/moved into their rightful depots.

This is also why a bunch of 8400s and 8500s were sent to MTA Bus rather earlier than expected, and some have been scrapped.

FL should have kept 5075-5124 cuz that was what made that depot different from the others. UPK could have gotten the 50xx's instead. As for the 84xx's, and the 85xx's, they did the right thing shipping them to (MTA) Bus. They should stay there until they get the rest of the NG's. It's all too confusing for me.

Archived