Gov. Paterson to MTA: Go ahead with Doomsday budget

Trainspotter

Thanks for the map. We are already having trouble dealing with the recession and now this?? :confused: I also meant to say that even if the (MTA) does get funding, they will still raise the fare:mad:, and/or make some service changes.

In the meantime, RIP (W) and (Z)...........:confused:

whats the point guys,saying things wont work,unless you put the words into work.you guys are just gonna have to stop complaining,and wait till the public does something about it,in 2 days. Hell well come to the subway,and this month was supposed to be my 1 year anniversary of rail fanning ;)

Gov. Paterson isn't to blame for this. He's only been Governor for a year and at that time the MTA was telling everyone that there will be problems in 2009. Besides what can someone do if nobody wants ti listen to you? He can't fire the state senate! The MTA isn't to blame either, at least not this administration. For the record the Q45 extension was announced a year and a half before Dale took the Ceo position at the MTA no matter what half you guys think. A lot of what the MTA does isn't waste of money, it costs a lot of money to operate this system and not many can understand it.

whats the point guys,saying things wont work,unless you put the words into work.you guys are just gonna have to stop complaining,and wait till the public does something about it,in 2 days. Hell well come to the subway,and this month was supposed to be my 1 year anniversary of rail fanning ;)
Do you have any idea how hard it is to pay for MetroCards even with a good job? On top of that they cutting service when many routes are overcrowded already, the damn nerve of them. Why shouldn't we let off our steam about it? It's what forums are all about, posting topic and giving our thoughts/opinions/facts to the topic. Don't be partypooping man.. LOL

Do you have any idea how hard it is to pay for MetroCards even with a good job? On top of that they cutting service when many routes are overcrowded already, the damn nerve of them. Why shouldn't we let off our steam about it? It's what forums are all about, posting topic and giving our thoughts/opinions/facts to the topic. Don't be partypooping man.. LOL

i now,im extremely mad to,but you now what they say,desperate times calls for desperate measures.if the MTA leaves its service as it is,in about a 1-2 years,watch every single line be crowded,with like only 15 trains running on a long line such as the (D), and like 20 on the (A) during rush hours,i bet you even the (G) would be crowded! i now the dooms day budget is similar,but at least there wll be a better future (if the MTA even changes the lines back to normal),yes,im also kinda of taking the MTA side,but heck pataerson or what ever his name is the worst govt i have ever seen in my life,he just gonna let it slide? no hold backs? what a weakling.

Guys Paterson is not alone in getting blame. Read this again please.

Mark i respect you and I agree Paterson does not deserve much blame on this. The only fault in this is that he did not 'work more with the State Seanate and Assembly' on some sort of compromise than his yelling.

I actually put blame at both politically parties parties and the greedy MTA. On the GOP side especially going back from former Gov Pataki and Mayor Rudy for reducing state funding that caused the MTA to 'borrow' to pay for expansion projects. Also the Democratics are at fault esepcially Sheldon Silver who killed 'congestion pricing' couple of years back that would have prevented these almost certain cuts to occur. More recently the clueless GOP and Democratic leaders in the Assembly and Senate especially Malcolm Smith. Finally the MTA on useless projects such as not selling valuable real estate like the former NYCT headquarters in Downtown Brooklyn.

It's time to clean house in Albany.:mad::tdown:

Until all shades of Tammy Halll(it still alive & well in Albany)is gone, this will be the same song. And when i get my teaching license i may leave the NY metro area for this huge reason.

I disagree with anyone who is defending Patterson. He's not to blame for the MTA's fiscal woes but he's just sitting back and not helping to find some kind of resolution. Spitzer might have got something done in this situation, this moron is probably going out for a jog.

People would probably drive more in NYC if living here was more conducive to driving. However, the city is designed where you are supposed to use mass transit. They toll the crap out of you, collect scads on parking meters, have floating cameras so you can be ticketed even if no cops are around...you really are just better off using the MTA - and they know that. That's why they can raise fares whenever they want, and you're just screwed.

Either take the bus/subway, or well...live/work elsewhere, because you're going to bankrupt yourself driving regularly.

Seriously though, they have millions upon millions of riders yet always seem to be strapped for cash. How is that possible?

OMG!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: I hope Paterson gets run over while crossing the street. How does this useless, poor excuse of a governor remain in office still????? :mad::mad::mad::mad:

In my defensive driving course, they said only the blind has the true right of way. Patterson has the right of way when he weasels his way across the street.......

I'm telling you, this guy is just 100% useless. I'd rather have Spitzer back in office.

I would too, and he can bring his Madam with him. She calmed him down enough to make him actually do a good job of a being Gub-nah......

Yes Patterson is a joke.....but look at it this way......if you had a car and paid insurance....that would be like 400 dollars a month....then the cost of parking....or if you parked on the street and the meter ran out....Bloombergs boys would ticket you in a heart beat.....103 dollars a month is still a bargain as I see it.....

I wish my car and insurance was that much a month. But you say what i have said to those on here before. Even at $2.50 it is still the cheapest efficient service one can get (depending on the distance needed to be traveled). A cab from Woodlawn to Mid-town is what? (Truly I don't know). The initial fare for a gypsy cab was $6 (is it the same now?). (MTA) seems like a bargain even if it was $3. People complain cause they can. They know they have no other alternative, that is cheaper (unless they live in biking distance, and don't mind having a sweaty butt when they get to work. Let's face it. 60% are allergic to anything that will make them exercise)...........

Don't forget, buses need replacing too, not just subway cars............

In my opinion , its everyone's fault. The (MTA) was not doing good budgeting and was spending money recklessly on renovations that were not needed. For example 59th St. Columbus Square was perfectly fine when it got a renovation a few year back. As well as some of the Older Cars which are not in that bad of condition , just needs a SMS. It is Gov. Patterson's fault for giving his staff a raise instead of using that money to benefit the state. On a side note , I got to get my pics of the (M) in West End , (W) and the (Z).

Archived