Does Grand Avenue put their 1990 TMC RTS-06 buses out on weekends?

Q25toJamaica

• 2 weeks later...
hey q25 you can always go to lga depot. there are alot of tmc rts buses from 1990. all the low 8xxx are tmc's. have fun

I know, but I always stop near LGA routes when I go out either way, I specifically want to catch 8157 from Grand Av

By the way, is it true LGA is governing their buses at 45mph?

I know, but I always stop near LGA routes when I go out either way, I specifically want to catch 8157 from Grand Av

By the way, is it true LGA is governing their buses at 45mph?

Yes that is true,got this from Jerry's website,a LGA depot related website.

"I was assigned to Bus Transport one Day last week, I was Instructed to pick up a Bus numbered 9329 from Yonkers Depot to be delivered back to La Guardia. After The Pre-Check and Proceeding on Local Streets, There was no Problems. But once entering the Highway I found that the Bus would not exceed more than 40 MPH. I stayed in the right lane of traffic and found that it was very unsafe and very nerve racking not to be able to keep up with the flow of traffic. Trucks and other Buses were blowing their horns for me to speed up but i couldn't, and as they went by me " GAVE ME THEIR MIDDLE FINGER "....

Two Buses from Yonkers did the same thing, but i didn't get upset because i knew that the Drivers up there don't Operate the RTS. When i had to change lanes or going up hill, forget about it, If we don't get into an accident we are sure going to cause one. In my opinion, if the speed limit is 55 in NY State, The speed the Bus should be able to go 55, it;s that simple. Someone needs to review this situation now.

Everyone knows me, everyone knows I'm no speedster, but even I know that 40 MPH on a Highway is insane."

Does Grand Avenue put their 1990 TMC RTS-06 buses out on weekends? Because I want to get some and I know some depots don't like QV and JFK (thought 8340 was out on a Saturday once)

And if so, are there any common routes they're on?

Yes, GA does send their TMC's out on the weekend. As for what routes to look for them on, they probaly could be on any GA route. Rode an TMC on the B48 on a saturday a few weeks ago. Looking for TMC's on the B43 and B48 is kinda hard since those routes go down one way streets for most of their routes.

GA also sends out TMCs for shuttle buses seen one on the (A) shuttle.

alot of drivers were observed going above the speed limit while deadheading on local streets & highways so some buses are being governed at 45mph, it's hit or miss i do know that all 37xx, 71xxx, 97xx, some 36xx some 93xx are governed at 45mph. 80xx-83xx are slow anyway but i haven't noticed any governing. 84xx & 85xx are not governed.

it's a shame because sometimes you need that extra power.

Archived