Rats aboard the train?!

Urbanfortitude

Lefferts Blvd is the place to be.

Lefferts, Dyre, New Lots, Woodlawn, I guess any elevated terminal in the system where there are car cleaners. I have taken pigeons for a stop or two many times. When they get stuck on the trains panic sets in and they fly wildly into windows or doors trying to get out.

Funny but not funny to the people down there... I was like 'Oh-no, I hope those people down there are okay...

Perhaps so but I still get a laugh outta the visual. That's not half as bad as dogs being thrown from the rooftops of project buildings (happened when i was a kid living in Far Rockaway).

Perhaps so but I still get a laugh outta the visual. That's not half as bad as dogs being thrown from the rooftops of project buildings (happened when i was a kid living in Far Rockaway).

WHAT!!

Well I seen a rat on the (5) before.. I had a bag of cheetos so I told my friend to run to the end of the car to open the door, I threw the cheeto out there, and the rat ran after it and fell in between the train, people started clapping at me lmfao...

On an unrelated note on the Bx40 when my friend was early for his Bx8 shift so he had a VII CNG on that route. He put the wheelchair ramp out and once it landed this rat got on it, I was sitting on the front right wheelwell while the driver (who I knew) closed the ramp on purpose and the rat tried climbing out, but the ramp was too fast, so then the ramp almost closed ON him, the bus was pretty packed so it took a while for them to notice. Then a kid said "Look mommy a hamster!" and the driver said "Ooo this will be fun! He he.." And everyone looked on the floor and then they saw a rat running around, everyone panicked and tried squeezing in the upper level in the back and standing on seats etc, this lady screamed so much and her face turned red, me and the driver just kept on cracking UP!! The rat got off two stops later as the rat was on the wheelchair ramp, and the driver said "Thats it man this is too funny" and the ramp pushed the rat off to the sidewalk. I was in tears..

I was on a Redbird (5) train in 2002. It pulled into the Wall Street station. The train was crowded, and as the doors opened up, there was a rat at the doorway. People looked at each other and probably said "I hope that thing doesn't come on board." I can imagine if it did, how many people would be screaming and jumping on top of people. It may have not been funny at that time, but it might have gotten a few laughs afterwards.

Archived