Harvard professor proves that even an ivy league education isn't idiot-proof.

metsfan

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/03/24/miron.legalization.drugs/index.html

Is anyone else still trying to figure out why people want harmful substances legal? How many lab animals have to die or become genetically or physically damaged to prove a point, how many people have to OD, kill others, etc till idiots like this stop trying to legalize addictive carcinogenic toxic substances with no purpose other than to keep people away from reality? :mad:

Legalize and tax? Smoking kills, but they want to legalize coke? I think they must be on coke to have such ideas. :tdown:

Sigh, sometimes i wonder at the fact that we are somehow as a species still here despite doing stupid thing after stupid thing. One good outcome, is that it would help reduce the population to a size where it probably should be.

- A

The fact that drugs are illegal is the motivation for its underground trade. If you could go buy some pot at Walgreens, there would no need for gangs to get involved in it.

Why would any sane healthy person go to walgreens to buy coke? You know, pharmacies in every other country don't have any candy or junk, they have medicine, that's it. Drug store? More like consumerism store.

- A

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/03/24/miron.legalization.drugs/index.html

Is anyone else still trying to figure out why people want harmful substances legal? How many lab animals have to die or become genetically or physically damaged to prove a point, how many people have to OD, kill others, etc till idiots like this stop trying to legalize addictive carcinogenic toxic substances with no purpose other than to keep people away from reality? :mad:

Legalize and tax? Smoking kills, but they want to legalize coke? I think they must be on coke to have such ideas. :tdown:

Sigh, sometimes i wonder at the fact that we are somehow as a species still here despite doing stupid thing after stupid thing. One good outcome, is that it would help reduce the population to a size where it probably should be.

- A

Drugs are largely illegal because of the culture surrounding them. I don't think they should legalize it though, I can't understand the point of that, exactly.

Tax money that's why. It's a multi-billion dollar industry, and Uncle Sam wants to get his nickel and dimes out of it, which would result in a whole lot of nickels and dimes. Smoking kills, alcohol kills, drugs kill. Two are legal so I am for legalizing the 3rd. But not all drugs though. Weed yes, Cocaine, Meth, Heroine, and other really dangerous drugs no. People who can't afford harsh drugs like Meth, cocaine, Heoine, etc, do kill and steal to get money to get their fix. I haven't heard of too many weed heads doing this for their fix. Usually when they don't have money for it, they wait till they get some, go do something else that's not a criminal way to get some, or go get a weed head friend who has money, and they go buy some, and share a joint.

I say yes to legalized weed, (even though I can't use it, since moving peeps is a super safety sensitive position)..........

As one of my grade school substitute teachers once said:

"Drugs are good. It's the people who use them that are bad."

Just like guns, when one uses it illegally, or improperly stores it where a child or idiot teen gets a hold of it (no offense to the non idiot teens).......

Native Americans, others tribes, and cultures around the world, smoke the "good stuff" for recreation, and to mellow out........

Why would any sane healthy person go to walgreens to buy coke? You know, pharmacies in every other country don't have any candy or junk, they have medicine, that's it. Drug store? More like consumerism store.

- A

Is this a response to what I said or are you just nitpicking my at the time off-the-top-of-my-head store name choice?

I've witnessed what these things do to people. I've had a friend die in my arms from smoking the supposedly harmless "soft drug" marijuana. The argument that cigarettes are legal because they tax them or whatever is bunk i think, because they should be illegal too, along with alcohol etc.

Ever been to a duane reade? Candy magazines food, it's a convenience store, not a pharmacy.

A real pharmacy has no candy. breath mints, snacks, or tv guides it has medicine for people who need it at low or no cost.

- A

Cigarettes ARE legal because of the tax revenue generated by them. Just imagine on all the money that the federal government would not receive if the sales of cigarettes were halted. If you look back at cultural views of marijuana vs. cigarettes in the 1920's-30's, cigarettes were viewed as a much "higher class" thing than marijuana, which at the time was assumed by many to be something that "Mexicans" smoked.

Your friend could be the only person to have died from marijuana overdose.

Archived