Which employees will MTA lay off?

Dahon

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.60 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.13337/786; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

Just talked to the union and the general dispatcher. They told me there won't be any layoff for B/O. Because we are in shortage right now. They are doing the transfer to fill the shortage. About 30 B/O forced to transfer to kingsbridge depot this coming pick. Jackie gleason alone sent out 7. That sucks big time. From 36st brooklyn to 215st manhattan. R u f kidding me? By the way. For those waiting to get call. They told me there 's gonna be a new class in may.

I believe it'd be Station Agents and non-Civil Service Bus Operators... hey, they could fire guys on probation, too, in any title.

I'm a probie, but again I am still considered a B/O until probation is up. So that means 3 years in OA for me. If they dismiss us from RTO, I go back to B/O at the home of the Dawgs. KB always had a driver shortage, even when I was there. Plenty of open work, and no one wants it, lol.....

As for RTO, to many are doing overtime now, so I don't think any RTO T/O, and C/R jobs are in jeopardy in any way now.........

I'm a probie, but again I am still considered a B/O until probation is up. So that means 3 years in OA for me. If they dismiss us from RTO, I go back to B/O at the home of the Dawgs. KB always had a driver shortage, even when I was there. Plenty of open work, and no one wants it, lol.....

As for RTO, to many are doing overtime now, so I don't think any RTO T/O, and C/R jobs are in jeopardy in any way now.........

That explains why you have worked overnights at KB,since those shifts are mainly for drivers with very high seniority.

Thats not RTO that just A Div. In the B Div its easy for C/R's but hard for T/O's to work overtime. I did visit a A Div terminal to look at the Pick board and looked at the sheets an seen like 20 T/O's working a RDO on a wkday. I can only wonder what a wkend looks like since A Div don't reasign personal with pick jobs to work the List or at least not when I was over there in 05. In B Div we got lots of T/O sitting on Board somewhere. At Continenal sometimes on the PM's we got 3 T/O's just sitting there waiting for something to open up.

That explains why you have worked overnights at KB,since those shifts are mainly for drivers with very high seniority.

I didn't have high seniority, I did a swap with someone who did (1 pick), who was put on that by the union, since they picked for them, due to that operator being out. They didn't want overnights, and put up a notice to swap PM's, for midnights. Biggest mistake I made, in the DOB. It was hell working those hours......

Thats not RTO that just A Div. In the B Div its easy for C/R's but hard for T/O's to work overtime. I did visit a A Div terminal to look at the Pick board and looked at the sheets an seen like 20 T/O's working a RDO on a wkday. I can only wonder what a wkend looks like since A Div don't reasign personal with pick jobs to work the List or at least not when I was over there in 05. In B Div we got lots of T/O sitting on Board somewhere. At Continenal sometimes on the PM's we got 3 T/O's just sitting there waiting for something to open up.

Well sorrryyyy Mr. Bay Dave, I meant A Div. They had open jobs and no crews to cover them today. They asked me to do an extra trip, but after doing 13 hrs Saturday (4 on the board, then picked up an am job, that was hrs), I did all I need to do for overtime. I work to be comfortable, not to have money out the wazoo.......

With all the weekend GO's over here also, they still need more T/O's to cover the work.......

I am thinking about come over this pick since I can pick what I want now. However I love my (V)(E) Lines In QNS and love the (A)(C)(J) In the North and (;)(N)(W) in the south so its a hard choice. In A Div I like the (4)(5)(6) but I'll pick my (6) Line.

A Div is looking more attractive because jobs I want I can pick as well as RDO's. I can't pick Thur/fri off in B Div but A Div both sides its wide open for me and almost can pick S/M's in the IRT West PM's.

I am thinking about come over this pick since I can pick what I want now. However I love my (V)(E) Lines In QNS and love the (A)(C)(J) In the North and (B)(N)(W) in the south so its a hard choice. In A Div I like the (4)(5)(6) but I'll pick my (6) Line.

A Div is looking more attractive because jobs I want I can pick as well as RDO's. I can't pick Thur/fri off in B Div but A Div both sides its wide open for me and almost can pick S/M's in the IRT West PM's.

Come on down.........

I am thinking about come over this pick since I can pick what I want now. However I love my (V)(E) Lines In QNS and love the (A)(C)(J) In the North and (:)(N)(W) in the south so its a hard choice. In A Div I like the (4)(5)(6) but I'll pick my (6) Line.

I can say for sure that there will be plenty of jobs on the (5) for the new pick. The senior guys are moving out of here on the pm tour although there may be more jobs on the am tour. Most guys figure that if you have to make two trips to Flatbush ( Bowling Green (5)s appear to be history) you might as well make them on the (2) for more dinero. So come on over.

Hey I keep my options open I want the best I can get with my little senority. Every pick I drive my classmates nuts because I am so unpredictable since I always change up every pick. Last pick no one tought I would pick QNS since I always been in the North but Suprise. Also the pick office downtown getting tried of me putting in paper to transfer B TO A every pick and continue to pick jobs in the B . I got to see what happens I kind of want to go back home (6) but I know I can do alot better work wise.

Hey I keep my options open I want the best I can get with my little senority. Every pick I drive my classmates nuts because I am so unpredictable since I always change up every pick. Last pick no one tought I would pick QNS since I always been in the North but Suprise. Also the pick office downtown getting tried of me putting in paper to transfer B TO A every pick and continue to pick jobs in the B . I got to see what happens I kind of want to go back home (6) but I know I can do alot better work wise.

As long as you have options you'll be OK. It smells like the powers-that- be are setting us up for a system-wide one pick a year program. They've wanted to do that for years now. Today the (1), tomorrow the (F), and the next day the (R), etc. The other idea was to pre-package the job with the days off included. The easier runs would have Tuesday, Wednesday off for example, while the dog runs would come with weekends off. Be very careful when you pick.

I'm for a Systerm wide pick this way you can see the best your file Number can give you. The other stuff bites.:mad: I bet there would be a lot of movement between the (4)(B)(D) Lines if that was the case. Hey why do 2 trips on the (4) for 8 Hours when you can do one trip on the (B). I could also see crews from the (7) picking the 9+ hour jobs on the (F)ox.

I'll make sure whatever I do I could live with it for a long time. I got 4 weeks to make up my mind.

I don't think operating personnel wont be affected by the cuts. The training we get has dollar value to the TA, so they have more invested in us.. I'd say non essentials like cleaning, station agents, booths will be effected in the TA.. I'd bet the WEPs will be back too.. I heard that most of the HR support staff is being let go, and being replaced with a tele-computer info system.. Also consider, they said 'MTA expects 1000 job cuts..' not NYCT job cuts, so LIRR, MNRR, B&TA are all going to be candidates for cuts as well.. MTA last I knew had around 80K employees across all divisions, so 1000 reduction isn't much with retirements, ect....

I heard some talk that the 1 year pick was granted by the arbitrator with a decent wage package, but no confirmation from anyone other than this one source. BUT it just seems strange that the union put out a flier this time about THEM demanding the picks starting at the same time.. We'll see, pick wisely.. RTTO

I heard some talk that the 1 year pick was granted by the arbitrator with a decent wage package, but no confirmation from anyone other than this one source. BUT it just seems strange that the union put out a flier this time about THEM demanding the picks starting at the same time.. We'll see, pick wisely.. RTTO

The arbitration process hasn't started yet. I think the 1 pick a year for RTO was already agreed on like most issues before the contract went to arbitration. Both the union and the TA stated that most issues were already resolved leaving only a few items for the arbitrator to decide. But they will not tell us what item they were this way Roger can blame the arbitrator for the give backs that he personally consented to with zero input from the members or elected officials.

The arbitration process hasn't started yet. I think the 1 pick a year for RTO was already agreed on like most issues before the contract went to arbitration. Both the union and the TA stated that most issues were already resolved leaving only a few items for the arbitrator to decide. But they will not tell us what item they were this way Roger can blame the arbitrator for the give backs that he personally consented to with zero input from the members or elected officials.

Roger is on his way out,I believe the next election is this summer. What is the purpose of paying union dues if the union isn't going to support,fight for you.

Roger is on his way out,I believe the next election is this summer. What is the purpose of paying union dues if the union isn't going to support,fight for you.

Local 100 is a "closed shop". This means that all employees have union dues automatically deducted from there checks. When you get hired you can decline being a member but you must pay the dues anyway so nobody does that.

As for Roger yeah in December he is going full time to the international but they put him in charge of the local. And he has a puppet running for president. If Tate and his entire slate lose the election than Roger will be out.

Local 100 is a "closed shop". This means that all employees have union dues automatically deducted from there checks. When you get hired you can decline being a member but you must pay the dues anyway so nobody does that.

As for Roger yeah in December he is going full time to the international but they put him in charge of the local. And he has a puppet running for president. If Tate and his entire slate lose the election than Roger will be out.

I see,and union dues are deducted monthly? how much? how good or bad are the TWU Local 100 lawyers?

I see,and union dues are deducted monthly? how much? how good or bad are the TWU Local 100 lawyers?

Union dues are paid bi-weekly because that's when we get paid. It's $24.32 per check.

In my opinion the unions lawyers are horrendous and in bed with the MTA!!!

Union dues are paid bi-weekly because that's when we get paid. It's $24.32 per check.

In my opinion the unions lawyers are horrendous and in bed with the MTA!!!

Too bad TO are not represented by the BLET . It seems they have the MTA/LIRR at their mercy. Both really do the same job just under different titles..

The blueprint for doomsday is here.

The MTA on Tuesday unveiled a detailed time line for its withering service cuts to bus and transit lines - changes that will dramatically alter the face of public transportation in a city that thrives on it.

Transit officials say the sweeping rollbacks are necessary to plug a $1.2 billion budget gap unless state lawmakers can agree on a down-to-the-wire bailout package.

"While we continue to hope that Albany will reach agreement on a comprehensive plan for the MTA, we have no choice but to move toward implementation of these cuts and fare increases," MTA spokesman Jeremy Soffin said.

"We are putting these details out now so that our customers can prepare for this unfortunate reality."

The cuts, starting this summer, will affect commuters from across the five boroughs:

- On June 28, 21 local bus routes will be axed and weekend service on a total of 10 subway lines will be drastically reduced.

- On July 26, all roving station agents will be cut, a total of 29 token booths will be eliminated and four subway stations will be shuttered overnight.

- On Sept. 6, express bus service lines will be cut.

- On Dec. 6, the Z and W lines will be terminated, and the G and M routes will be shortened.

The service cuts aren't the only bad news: sky-high fare hikes will hit the subways and buses May 31, raising the cost of a single ride from $2 to $2.50.

Albany lawmakers left town yesterday for a holiday break without reaching a deal, with Republicans and Democrats blaming each other for the impasse.

:cry:

From the NYPOST:

It's not just an inconvenience for drunks.

Late-night straphangers who work until the wee hours are gearing up for the danger and inconvenience that could come with running subway trains every 30 minutes instead of 20 minutes between 2 a.m. and 5 a.m.

"I can't believe it," Ruvianna Torres, a student who takes trains at all hours, said. "It just isn't safe to be on the platform that long."

As if that's not bad enough, the MTA also plans to remove hundreds of station agents.

The service cut, which will affect 18 subway lines, is part of the drastic steps the MTA has to take unless stalling Albany lawmakers approve a bailout package.

The agency said that it has no choice.

"All of the cuts are extremely painful and actions we wish could be avoided," said MTA spokesman Jeremy Soffin.

Archived