My R160A on (F)

MattTrain

Hmmmm the (E) announcements doesn't sound no way close to the (N)(Q) or (W) announcements. (F) announcer is Dianne Thompson!

Yep, Dianne Thompson does the announcements. for the (F) line.

Somehow the (E) R-160's does... That is why, Mrs. Thompson is doing the (F), ;)!

You have that right on!

I'm going to go off topic for a little bit, and show other trains the (F) was using. A R40M/R42 set was on the (F) at 179 Street.

EEF001.jpg

EEF002.jpg

EEF003.jpg

EEF004.jpg

EEF005.jpg

EEF006.jpg

EEF007.jpg

EEF008.jpg

And now for the rest of the R160A (F) that I forgot to post, the stops the destination bar displayed has some rather interesting abbreviations for certain stops.

EEF028.jpg

EEF029.jpg

EEF030.jpg

EEF031.jpg

EEF032.jpg

EEF033.jpg

EEF034.jpg

EEF035.jpg

EEF036.jpg

EEF037.jpg

EEF038.jpg

EEF039.jpg

EEF040.jpg

EEF041.jpg

EEF042.jpg

EEF043.jpg

EEF044.jpg

EEF045.jpg

EEF046.jpg

EEF047.jpg

EEF048.jpg

EEF049.jpg

EEF050.jpg

EEF051.jpg

EEF052.jpg

EEF053.jpg

EEF054.jpg

EEF055.jpg

EEF056.jpg

EEF057.jpg

These are the last ones.

Nice pics

Man, PRSPCT PK sounds like something out of a Slavic language.

They wrote VAN WYK-BRIARWD for Van Wyck Boulevard-Briarwood. Could they fit the C?

Also, they announce 2 Ave as "2nd Avenue-Lower East Side" or something of the sort. Both the FIND and the LED display omit the Lower East Side.

They could have fit Prospect Park and numerous other stations on that LCD screen as well...wonder why they didn't do it.

I really don't know, they have a tendency to chop off vowels off of long names. I mean you could abbreviate Fort to Ft, since that is quite common. But some of them are just overdone.

Nice pics

Man, PRSPCT PK sounds like something out of a Slavic language.

They wrote VAN WYK-BRIARWD for Van Wyck Boulevard-Briarwood. Could they fit the C?

Also, they announce 2 Ave as "2nd Avenue-Lower East Side" or something of the sort. Both the FIND and the LED display omit the Lower East Side.

They could have fit Prospect Park and numerous other stations on that LCD screen as well...wonder why they didn't do it.

Thanks for your opinions, as for the station abbreviations, I find it really funny that West 4 Street is "W 4 ST" while East Broadway is "EAST BROADWAY" Weird. When I first saw "15-ST PRSPCT PK" I was laughing at the display and wondering "Is it really necessary to abbreviate 'Prospect Park' that way?" Come on now, I really do like to see "W 4 ST" to become "WEST 4 ST" or something. I'm sure there's enough room in the display bar to extend the abbreviations of some station wordings.

"LWR E SIDE-2 AV" could have been the display, maybe.

"VAN WYK-BRIARWD" for "Van Wyck Briarwood"? Wow, what an abbreviation.

What about shortening "ROOSEVELT ISLAND" to "ROOSEVELT IS"?

Anyways, the displays look really funny with their abbreviations. I do agree with the fact that the use of abbreviations is overdone, but what can we do about it? Let's just enjoy the displays we have for now. :cool:

Thanks for your opinions, as for the station abbreviations, I find it really funny that West 4 Street is "W 4 ST" while East Broadway is "EAST BROADWAY" Weird. When I first saw "15-ST PRSPCT PK" I was laughing at the display and wondering "Is it really necessary to abbreviate 'Prospect Park' that way?" Come on now, I really do like to see "W 4 ST" to become "WEST 4 ST" or something. I'm sure there's enough room in the display bar to extend the abbreviations of some station wordings.

"LWR E SIDE-2 AV" could have been the display, maybe.

"VAN WYK-BRIARWD" for "Van Wyck Briarwood"? Wow, what an abbreviation.

What about shortening "ROOSEVELT ISLAND" to "ROOSEVELT IS"?

Anyways, the displays look really funny with their abbreviations. I do agree with the fact that the use of abbreviations is overdone, but what can we do about it? Let's just enjoy the displays we have for now. :cool:

I mean, what shocks me is that they decided to crazily simplify these names. Now what would Woodhaven Blvd be? WDHAVEN BLVD? 21st Street Queensbridge became 21ST-QNSBR, at least make it 21ST-QNSBRIDGE

or just QUEENSBRIDGE.

Wow... such random simplifications...

I mean, what shocks me is that they decided to crazily simplify these names. Now what would Woodhaven Blvd be? WDHAVEN BLVD? 21st Street Queensbridge became 21ST-QNSBR, at least make it 21ST-QNSBRIDGE

or just QUEENSBRIDGE.

Wow... such random simplifications...

Yes, random simplifications indeed.

Archived