New Announcement only on R142 or R142/R143/R160?

FamousNYLover

I was wondering if R142, R143, R160 is making new announcement?

Today, on (5) #6341 ex (2) car made this announcement at 59th St.

"This is 59th St. Transfer available to (6), (N), (R) and (W) trains. You may also transfer free to (F) train at Lex Av/63rd St by walking, using MetroCard."

"Protect your proberly."

Have anyone heard this announcement beside R142 or only R142?

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

i guess its Charlie doing it, cuz I was t Bowling Green and He did the SI Ferry connection same as Jessica did it.

It might be new. Maybe its old. Those Metrocard transfers always had existed. But then if this is new, how come we don't hear it on the R160 (E) @ 23rd and the R160 (F) @ Lex?

I was wondering if R142, R143, R160 is making new announcement?

Today, on (5) #6341 ex (2) car made this announcement at 59th St.

"This is 59th St. Transfer available to (6), (N), (R) and (W) trains. You may also transfer free to (F) train at Lex Av/63rd St by walking, using MetroCard."

"Protect your proberly."

Have anyone heard this announcement beside R142 or only R142?

"Transfer is available to the (6)(N)(R) and (W) trains. A free transfer is also available to the (F) train by walking to Lexington Avenue/63rd Street and using your MetroCard."

Yeah, I think that's new. Eliminates confusion. Also implies that we can't read maps.

I was operating 6341 Wednesday pm going N/B at about 4:15-20 when I heard that announcement. The C/R also played the new ones about disabled, pregnant and elderly people. Also the one about sexual harassment, and protecting your electronic devices. At Pelham Parkway there's one about the BX 12 bus. The new announcements are being rolled out on the (2) equipment and at least one (5) train I've operated this week.

"Transfer is available to the (6)(N)(R) and (W) trains. A free transfer is also available to the (F) train by walking to Lexington Avenue/63rd Street and using your MetroCard."

Also implies that we can't read maps.

Put on a TA uniform, stand on the platform at 59/Lex during the AM rush, and be amazed at how many people can't read maps.

Put on a TA uniform, stand on the platform at 59/Lex during the AM rush, and be amazed at how many people can't read maps.

During a G.O. where people had to take a shuttle train to W4 from Grand St., transfer to the (F) to 34th St. Herald Square to get a Brooklyn-bound (D) train (which was operating over the (N) line, I believe, between 34th St and DeKalb)... well... I DON'T SPEAK CHINESE!!! I lost half my butcher book drawing diagrams and my voice saying "No... NO TRAINS TO BROOKLYN! Look, here..."

SHUTTLE => W4 => (F) => 34ST => (D) => BROOKLYN

shien shien ni!!! :tup:

PS ...just remembered, there was a new T/O working the shuttle that'd come from the IRT as a C/R telling people they could take the (A) from W4 to Atlantic-Pacific...:cry:

Oh great. I go on vacation for 2 weeks and find out all this new stuff just when I have to go back to work on Sunday with a major G.O. on the (Q)&(N). Sounds like a fun day. :cry:

(NJT) :nec: :septa:

Lets trade spots :P I'll work that G.O. for you. ;)

At Pelham Parkway there's one about the BX 12 bus. The new announcements are being rolled out on the (2) equipment and at least one (5) train I've operated this week.

They should put that announcement on the Jerome R142/A's, as the 4 stops at Fordham Rd, an important interchange to the SBS.

Well Ive Heard Announcements Like That Also....There On Car Numbers 63xx Becuase when the G.O. With The 2 train running to crown heights that set of cars showed up on the 4 train..and when we got to 149 st-Grand Concourse it said transfer is availible to the (2) and (5) Express Trains Same Thing In Manhattan at 42 Street It Said This Is Grand Central 42 Street Transfer Is availible To (6)(7) Local Trains Connection Is Availible To Metro North

Archived