Second Avenue Local and Express

Dasglion

The average NYCS line (at least trunk lines) has 3 services usualy 2 locals and one express. Since the West Side has both the Seventh/Broadway Ave. and the Eighth Ave. lines (both of which are 3 service trunk lines) i would asume that the second avenue line would also get at least one aditional service to act as a express service. Mabey they will bring back the K service. secondaveK-2.png:)

There would be no K train since there wouldn't be enough tracks. The 2nd Avenue Line south of 63rd St is only 2 tracks while north of 63rd St is 4 tracks with all local stops. Also, the 2nd Avenue line would debut with the Q train from 63rd St to 125th St. The T train would come later. Either way, T train is somewhat of an express comparing to the other lines since every station is apart by more than 15 streets, while an average express station is apart by 10 streets.

The average NYCS line (at least trunk lines) has 3 services usualy 2 locals and one express. Since the West Side has both the Seventh/Broadway Ave. and the Eighth Ave. lines (both of which are 3 service trunk lines) i would asume that the second avenue line would also get at least one aditional service to act as a express service. Mabey they will bring back the K service. secondaveK-2.png:)

Express service on the (T) is not needed because the stations are so far apart from each other. I think those tracks are just to relieve congestion and maybe allow work trains to travel faster.

There would be no K train since there wouldn't be enough tracks. The 2nd Avenue Line south of 63rd St is only 2 tracks while north of 63rd St is 4 tracks with all local stops. Also, the 2nd Avenue line would debut with the Q train from 63rd St to 125th St. The T train would come later. Either way, T train is somewhat of an express comparing to the other lines since every station is apart by more than 15 streets, while an average express station is apart by 10 streets.

Where do you hear this, the SAS is all 2-track except for a few layups, and the (Q)'s debut on the SAS, is to 96th St, in 2014 or 2015.

Express service on the (T) is not needed because the stations are so far apart from each other. I think those tracks are just to relieve congestion and maybe allow work trains to travel faster.

Its main purpose is to relieve the Lexington Line.

Where do you hear this, the SAS is all 2-track except for a few layups, and the 's debut on the SAS, is to 96th St, in 2014 or 2015.

My bad.

Are any structural provisions planned to make it "able" to have four tracks?

No. According to my inside source (yay! I have an inside source) it was originally planed as a 3 track line but that the MTA is cutting it down to two tracks. So the (T) will be local only.

I mean i understand it is only 2 track but Im thinking about in like 25 years. The lexington Avenue line can not handle all of the East side forever. Not even with the the two-track second ave line helping it

Don't worry, in 25 years, there's gonna be either more technology, or the (MTA) goes crazy, and start raizing fares, and no one rides it, and they go bye-bye.

Don't worry, in 25 years, there's gonna be either more technology, or the (MTA) goes crazy, and start raizing fares, and no one rides it, and they go bye-bye.
Who needs Lexington when they can have 2nd Avenue? 2 expresses with stations apart by 10 streets vs 1 local with stations apart by more than 15 streets.

2 expresses with stations apart by 10 streets

:mad: Besides in the very low parts of manhattan, THERE ARE NO EXPRESS TRAINS THAT STOP EVERY TEN BLOCKS. I've said this before on this thread and you've obviously had ignored it or not read it. Look at a subway map. :mad:

:mad: Besides in the very low parts of manhattan, THERE ARE NO EXPRESS TRAINS THAT STOP EVERY TEN BLOCKS. I've said this before on this thread and you've obviously had ignored it or not read it. Look at a subway map. :mad:
Maserati, I'm sorry if I disregarded your comment, but I'm referencing specifically from Midtown to Uptown where the Lexington Line is most crowded. Alright, I'm wrong in that the Lexington line has express stations 10 or more blocks apart rather than 15 or more blocks apart.

Ok, lets see, you could do 3 things. One, run a train control system that allows skip stop service on the entire (T). Two, build it as is, with provisions for express expansion at various stations & locations. Three, build as is, and come in later with more money and make it fully 3 tracks.

- A

Does anyone know if the future T train is going to use R179s, or share the fleet of R160Bs with the Q?

Not exactly, but I think the (Q) would keep their sets of R160Bs while the (T) would probably get a slice of the 179s or the next fleet of next generation trains. I know definitely that they plan to make it 100% NTT.

If there was a third track, and that all stations are designed to be island platform stations, will the third track bypass them, or will the third track split and merge with the outside tracks before the station?

I think the track will be left or right of the tracks on to the side, if there was a 3rd track, for example, the 14th St station will have 2-side tracks, for layup.

Archived