Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
7LineFan

R62A (Z)!

Courtesy of the New York Post, on page 7 of the March 26 paper there is a picture of an R62A (Z) train.

Photo looks like it was in fact taken on the (1) line, with the 125 St Station in the background. My scanner doesn't work; otherwise I'd put a scan up.

I can only LOL and shake my head.

Courtesy of the New York Post, on page 7 of the March 26 paper there is a picture of an R62A (Z) train.

Photo looks like it was in fact taken on the (1) line, with the 125 St Station in the background. My scanner doesn't work; otherwise I'd put a scan up.

I can only LOL and shake my head.

Photoshop goes a long way;)

Photoshop goes a long way;)

Exactly.

Oh and on page 4 of the Daily News (same date) there's a (W) on the Manny B. Could be the post-9/11 (W) though.

Exactly.

Oh and on page 4 of the Daily News (same date) there's a (W) on the Manny B. Could be the post-9/11 (W) though.

I'm sure it is, unless it wasn't in passenger service and took the Manny B for the (N) line, but who knows!

That "(Z)" is really a (7).

If they are raising tolls to $6.50, that means the Verrazano will be $13!

i have to say, whoever wrote that article is a first class idiot. why does the media always mess up perfectly good photos?

Because it's cheaper to use a stock image and photoshop it to what you want, rather than paying a photographer to go out there and get a new shot.

Probably laid off the photographers...

Well technically, a regular passenger won't really care that it is a 7 in reality. I mean, the first thing that that person would look at is the figures below.

Well technically, a regular passenger won't really care that it is a 7 in reality. I mean, the first thing that that person would look at is the figures below.

Agreed. The Post and the Daily News always screw these things up...

That's actually what I did. Then I saw the "(Z)" and was like "Wait, that doesn't look like an R42... OMG 3 doors!"

OMG, that is a R-62A (Z) on the (7), NYPost and DNews editors need to watch their photoshops!!! Crazy!!!

No, these guys did it deliberately. There aren't any anomalies with their software. It's the anomaly of their frugality.

That's actually what I did. Then I saw the "(Z)" and was like "Wait, that doesn't look like an R42... OMG 3 doors!"

Yeah, I know right! :cool:

Then they are really EPIC FAIL!

No. No, they aren't. They did that to save money. Plus, like has been said previously, the average person wouldn't notice or care.

Save money? That is crazy! They could've just sent a photographer onto the (Z) line! LOLz, ;)!

And pay him x amount of money when they could Photoshop it for free?

Save money? That is crazy! They could've just sent a photographer onto the (Z) line! LOLz, ;)!

Dude what kinda economy are we living in now?

It's normal for a business to lay a few off... *duh*

The NYP probably laid off a photog

Here is the image:

news_graph3.jpg

nice one, im just wondering.. why did the NYPost alter that 62A on there systemz, rather then grab an 42 or R160A (Z) lol

and wow this economy will be worsen, if help doesnt come...

nice one, im just wondering.. why did the NYPost alter that 62A on there systemz, rather then grab an 42 or R160A (Z) lol

and wow this economy will be worsen, if help doesnt come...

Most likely,

$

Does it REALLY matter what image they used? I'm sure that the people that are going to be affected by this don't care if it's an R62 or an R160.