What is the oldest subway car you've been on?

T to 125th

Ah man... as a kid I can't remember, the oldest car I can confirm riding in regular service are the Redbirds on the (7), generally hopped on from the LIRR at Woodside.

A li'l more interesting though, on the LIRR I do remember being on these as a kid back in the day, (mostly going back and forth to Pt. Jeff) Correct me if wrong, but I believe they were mainly used until 1998.

The oldest cr I've been on was the R10 B Division (C)-Line train on April 17, 1989 when I was 13. Got on at 81st/8Ave (Museum) until it got out of service'd at 145 Street. I enjoyed the ride definitely, one of the storm doors was wide open and a few of the openable windows were also open thus makinbg it especially noisy which I liked, the tranverse seating and being able to sit forward and the lights going out and back in like the MBTA red Line 01400s, which were similar to the R10. Too bad hat by the next time I wanted to ride them, they wre already retired :-( although the 01400s stayed on till 1994. But nothing older than r10. However, I rode the R26 on the A division on the (6) Line

• 1 year later...

I apologize for the bump, fellow members; I saw this thread while beginning a similiar one.

The oldest subway cars I've been on (in everyday regular revenue service):

I.R.T. R-15 70(2);

B.M.T. R-16 70(M);

IND. R1-R9 70(CC);

PATH K Class Cars

My favorite old subway cars:

I.R.T. The R-15s

B.M.T. The Bluebirds

IND. The R1-R9s

PATH The K Class Cars

Archived