South Ferry- Before/After

FamousNYLover

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

Darn if I had some extra money for a metro card I would take pictures at the new station.

Sorry for late photo.

Before and on 16th.

Old South Ferry

R1-20A.jpg

R1-2A.jpg

R1-3A.jpg

R1-8A.jpg

R1-9A.jpg

R1-11A.jpg

Taken from outside from west side of ferry terminal.

R1-12A.jpg

Day before Grand Open- Shots also taken from top deck on ferry terminal.

R1-13A.jpg

R1-14A.jpg

R1-15A.jpg

R1-16A.jpg

R1-17A.jpg

R1-18A.jpg

R1-19A.jpg

R1-20A.jpg

R1-20A.jpg

Enjoy it!

More will come.

those are some nice shots you took of the new south ferry station i remember when it was being rebuilt after 9/11/01 when the twin towers collasped and the steel beams caved into the cortlant street station and that was when the (1) train was rerouted to new lots avenue in brooklyn along the brooklyn irt and which the (2) train made all local stops in manhattan between wakefield-241st street and flatbush avenue and the (3) train operated between 148th street lenox terminal in manhattan and 14 street it was a real mess back then but things went back to normal and now with the new south ferry station every body could exit all ten cars instead of five in the original station where you see those posters on the end of the subway cars behind the half width cap in the R62A was that you have to exit the first five cars in order to detrain and entrain put this brings a relief to commuters who travel on the no.(1) train every between 242nd st-van courtlant park and south ferry i have to really go down there to see the new station keep on putting new photos.KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

those are some nice shots you took of the new south ferry station i remember when it was being rebuilt after 9/11/01 when the twin towers collasped and the steel beams caved into the cortlant street station and that was when the (1) train was rerouted to new lots avenue in brooklyn along the brooklyn irt and which the (2) train made all local stops in manhattan between wakefield-241st street and flatbush avenue and the (3) train operated between 148th street lenox terminal in manhattan and 14 street it was a real mess back then but things went back to normal and now with the new south ferry station every body could exit all ten cars instead of five in the original station where you see those posters on the end of the subway cars behind the half width cap in the R62A was that you have to exit the first five cars in order to detrain and entrain put this brings a relief to commuters who travel on the no.(1) train every between 242nd st-van courtlant park and south ferry i have to really go down there to see the new station keep on putting new photos.KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

When the 1 reopened to South Ferry, the Staten Island Ferry terminal was being rebuilt. The subway station inside it was closed and passengers had to use this shack of an entrance in the plaza.

Archived