Express buses in Staten Island going to see reduction in service?

BJC

There's some route in SI going to see it service reduce ,so I wonder any express route going to get cut or see reduce in service....there's some express route need to be cut.If these routes don't get cut,they should have limited service on these route.

There's some route in SI going to see it service reduce ,so I wonder any express route going to get cut or see reduce in service....there's some express route need to be cut.If these routes don't get cut,they should have limited service on these route.

That's what it says on the planned service cuts, read the thing at mta.info.

It didn't say anything about SI express bus service...

SI Express Buses is the only part of the MTA spared with no cuts at all.

Also LIRR and MNRR also had only a few proposed cuts mainly on weekend train service on the Port Washington, Babloyn, West Hempstead, New Haven and Hudson Lines.

The SI Express buses, (especially the x1, x10, x12 and x17a,c,and j) will never be cut. It is the (MTA) biggest surface revenue lines. Ever been on those buses? No matter what time of the day, they are always packed. Now at $6.50 per ride (Coming in June,) people will pay it because they have to go to work. A few of you guys agree that the x1, x10 and x17c should operate 24/7. The last x1, 1:35 out of Central Park is crowded and so is the 1:05 as well. They need a bus running around the clock. This is why the (MTA) will never reduce any SI Express service. The less traveled express routes are not doing bad either.

The SI Express buses, (especially the x1, x10, x12 and x17a,c,and j) will never be cut. It is the (MTA) biggest surface revenue lines. Ever been on those buses? No matter what time of the day, they are always packed. Now at $6.50 per ride (Coming in June,) people will pay it because they have to go to work. A few of you guys agree that the x1, x10 and x17c should operate 24/7. The last x1, 1:35 out of Central Park is crowded and so is the 1:05 as well. They need a bus running around the clock.

This is why the (MTA) will never reduce any SI Express service. The less traveled express routes are not doing bad either.

I totally agree with you...

...Up until the last 2 sentences... don't be so sure about that... A good portion of SI's express routes get below moderate ridership per run, no where near the level of the X1's, the X10's, the X17's (branches) of the world....

^^ (example: x13's, 16's, 18's, 20's, and the other hylan blvd routes outside the x1 {obviously} & the x6; and as to why x2's run so frequent during the PM rush, running almost empty, your guess is as good as mine)

I'd say the x7, 15, 22, 30, & 31 get a moderate amt. of ridership per run... even SRO @ times, but of course, not as many runs as x1's, 10's, etc. tend to...

routes like the x19 & the x11 (especially) get SRO, b/c they're aren't as many runs... and worse, they don't come frequently...

All that said, I wouldn't be surprised if a reduction of exp. runs were to happen on some routes sometime in the future... Not that I'm sittin here hopin it does happen; it's rough enough they're gonna jack up the price to $6.50 come this summer...

I totally agree with you...

...Up until the last 2 sentences... don't be so sure about that... A good portion of SI's express routes get below moderate ridership per run, no where near the level of the X1's, the X10's, the X17's (branches) of the world....

^^ (example: x13's, 16's, 18's, 20's, and the other hylan blvd routes outside the x1 {obviously} & the x6; and as to why x2's run so frequent during the PM rush, running almost empty, your guess is as good as mine)

I'd say the x7, 15, 22, 30, & 31 get a moderate amt. of ridership per run... even SRO @ times, but of course, not as many runs as x1's, 10's, etc. tend to...

routes like the x19 & the x11 (especially) get SRO, b/c they're aren't as many runs... and worse, they don't come frequently...

All that said, I wouldn't be surprised if a reduction of exp. runs were to happen on some routes sometime in the future... Not that I'm sittin here hopin it does happen; it's rough enough they're gonna jack up the price to $6.50 come this summer...

It may be true that other buses outside the x1, x10, x12 and x17 get less riders, many of the other routes are packed. The x7, x8, x19 and x30 are always packed and it is always hard to get a seat. The x22 is also a packed bus. Try to ride on these lines and board the last stop. Then you will see what I am talking about.

It may be true that other buses outside the x1, x10, x12 and x17 get less riders, many of the other routes are packed. The x7, x8, x19 and x30 are always packed and it is always hard to get a seat. The x22 is also a packed bus. Try to ride on these lines and board the last stop. Then you will see what I am talking about.

yeah yeah... I've rode each of those lines you've mentioned more than a handful of times, so I wasn't talking out of my behind in that last post, nor am I in this post....

x7's are not always packed... I see those buses every single weekday, coming home, passing down Houston st.... 2 or 3 buses throughout the day, tops (that get packed, even SRO)..... x6's & x10's (obviously) are more crowded than 7's are... and don't tell me that many more people board the 7 around the WFC...

I said nothing about the x8 in my last post....

yes x30's get quite packed, but they aren't always packed...I've been on x30's (plural) that's left manhattan with less than 15 ppl.... even I say to myself, where the hell is everyone....

I've ridden the x22 quite a bit; matter fact, most recent was yesterday (go figure)... anyway, the bus I was on, had about 20-25 people after the 8th av/42nd st stop (boarded the bus around 6:25pm).... The x22 that we ended up passing (the one that was ahead of us at one point along 42nd St.), had no more than 15 people.... I will say that, Yes, earlier x22's, around 6/6:15pm get SRO - I'm not doubting they NEVER get packed....

One thing I will say about that route - it has a tendency to bunch when it touches down in SI... the last 3 or 4 times I rode that route (including yesterday), there's been {2} x22's that arrived @ the arthur kill/huguenot stop at the same time....

I'm not gonna reiterate what I said about the x19, b/c there's nothin being said by both of us that was different....

[Hey, let's face it, not every single express bus is going to be packed. I been on the x7 line many times and it is usually packed. I am not talking about the first 2 or 3 either. Now the x8 starts at Rector Street instead of Peck Slip, there will more riders on that route. The other buses do get a lot of riders, I stand my position.

QUOTE=B35 via Church;105759]yeah yeah... I've rode each of those lines

you've mentioned more than a handful of times, so I wasn't talking out of my behind in that last post, nor am I in this post....

x7's are not always packed... I see those buses every single weekday, coming home, passing down Houston st.... 2 or 3 buses throughout the day, tops (that get packed, even SRO)..... x6's & x10's (obviously) are more crowded than 7's are... and don't tell me that many more people board the 7 around the WFC...

I said nothing about the x8 in my last post....

yes x30's get quite packed, but they aren't always packed...I've been on x30's (plural) that's left manhattan with less than 15 ppl.... even I say to myself, where the hell is everyone....

I've ridden the x22 quite a bit; matter fact, most recent was yesterday (go figure)... anyway, the bus I was on, had about 20-25 people after the 8th av/42nd st stop (boarded the bus around 6:25pm).... The x22 that we ended up passing (the one that was ahead of us at one point along 42nd St.), had no more than 15 people.... I will say that, Yes, earlier x22's, around 6/6:15pm get SRO - I'm not doubting they NEVER get packed....

One thing I will say about that route - it has a tendency to bunch when it touches down in SI... the last 3 or 4 times I rode that route (including yesterday), there's been {2} x22's that arrived @ the arthur kill/huguenot stop at the same time....

I'm not gonna reiterate what I said about the x19, b/c there's nothin being said by both of us that was different....

[Hey, let's face it, not every single express bus is going to be packed. I been on the x7 line many times and it is usually packed. I am not talking about the first 2 or 3 either. Now the x8 starts at Rector Street instead of Peck Slip, there will more riders on that route. The other buses do get a lot of riders, I stand my position.

Keep your position.

About the x7, First off, no one said the "first 2 or 3"... stop making things up.

Second, I'm still saying the x7 isn't as packed as you're tryin to convey to everyone here.... you can continue embellishing that particular route's ridership if you want... if people on here care enough (which they probably don't), they'll see it for themselves...

and of course other routes get a lot of riders at times.. I never denied that...

More selective reading on your end, I suppose.... but hell, since you realize:

Hey, let's face it, not every single express bus is going to be packed.

There's no need to go on any further.

Archived