Help: Photography equipment stores in New York area

I've searched the internet and found some stores that sell SLR Digital cameras and their accessories, but if you have a good one that you know, and wherever it is, can you please tell me. I'm in need of a new lens for my Lumix.

I have a great one, B & H Photo and Video at 34 Street and 9th Avenue in Manhattan, one block away from the (A), (C) and (E) at 34 Street Penn Station. It is the ultimate camera store.

that store is so expensive that I wouldn't buy anything there, even tho they offer good products..

that store is so expensive that I wouldn't buy anything there, even tho they offer good products..

If you find them expensive, well then you need a job. B&H offers good prices. My buddy SubaruWRX buy's all his pro photography gear from them and he says they got cheap prices.

B&H has the best prices in NYC. J&R also. Do NOT buy anything from those "electronics" stores in Times Square or elsewhere. You will get ripped off big time.

B&H is very helpful. If you want to get a sense of competitive price, google what you are looking for and check out the sites. However, beware of sites that seem too good to be true. They usually are just that.

You can find electronic stores at either end of Canal. In this definition I mean, Canal Street between say Allen and Essex and Canal between the tunnel and Broadway.

J&R's a good choice. You may also want to look at PC Richard and Son's, as well. I know for sure there is one across the street from Home Depot, at 23rd Street between 5th and 6th.

Oh, yes I do.

Right now I'm planning to do some trips with the GOs on the Easter weekend, and the following week visit Stamford, CT with Metro North, and Port Jefferson, Long Island with LIRR. I'll post up my plans in the Off-Topic section later!

Oh, yes I do.

Right now I'm planning to do some trips with the GOs on the Easter weekend, and the following week visit Stamford, CT with Metro North, and Port Jefferson, Long Island with LIRR. I'll post up my plans in the Off-Topic section later!

The shuttle buses are cool, but a ride in it is like the ride from hell. Especially on the A Express Shuttle Bus.

Archived