Severe weather sweeps through the region.

metsfan

I will update this with actual news, but for now TAKE COVER if you live anywhere near atlantic city, north to the bronx. This is SEVERE weather with damaging winds, lightning, and possible hail.

My town got skirted by one super-cell, and i have footage from a car on my ay home from an errand, it was seriously scary. We saw lightning strike a pole from 2 miles away, and a transformer farther down connected to the line that was hit turned a brilliant blue and exploded. I've never seen weather like this in my life.

If you live near lakewood nj BATTEN DOWN THE HATCHES this same very dangerous super-cell is headed your way.

Stay away from windows.

- A

I will update this with actual news, but for now TAKE COVER if you live anywhere near atlantic city, north to the bronx. This is SEVERE weather with damaging winds, lightning, and possible hail.

My town got skirted by one super-cell, and i have footage from a car on my ay home from an errand, it was seriously scary. We saw lightning strike a pole from 2 miles away, and a transformer farther down connected to the line that was hit turned a brilliant blue and exploded. I've never seen weather like this in my life.

If you live near lakewood nj BATTEN DOWN THE HATCHES this same very dangerous super-cell is headed your way.

Stay away from windows.

- A

Is this a "tornado warning' or 'thunderstorm warning' Metsfan?

I am about 50 miles north of NYC in Dutchess County. They expecting heavy t-storms up here too but i am at a friend house and be carefully driving home.:eek:

Was that a sudden burst of Summer Taste! I first got drizzle in Long Island, in Queens I saw lighting, then heard thunder and followed by rain and for a while it didn't feel so severe but when I got home right at my front door, it started to pour and there is also 'Nickle-Sized' Hail pounding my skylight window. Weather Channel and DirecTV gave reports of it too... It was a Severe T-Storm Warning in effect for New York, Richmond, Kings, Queens, Nassau and Suffolk Counties the past Sunday... No Tornado Advisory though...

It's just a Spring thing. I'm not that surprised though. Hey at least there wasn't any major flooding in the subway (à la August 2007)

Please, just say Brooklyn.

That is what the Weather Service refers Brooklyn as, :)!

Are you part of the Weather Service? Please, make it easier on the rest of us. Just call them Brooklyn and Staten Island. Don't try to look smart, because that's annoying.

Are you part of the Weather Service? Please, make it easier on the rest of us. Just call them Brooklyn and Staten Island. Don't try to look smart, because that's annoying.

I agree. The detailed and technically correct info is only required when the topic demands it, in this case, it does not. There is a time & place for it. :)

- A

Well, I use whatever I like to... I use the way the NOAA and Weather Service does it because I am a weather g33k as well, :)!

Sorry, you are not a meteorologist. And not every meteorologist does this. The Weather Channel does things by county. The subway system, the New Yorkers and most agencies in the area will refer to Brooklyn as Brooklyn. Please follow the same rules. No offence but, calling the borough Kings does not make you look any more intelligent.

Archived