R160s coming for the (R)?

PelhamExpress6

AFAIK, the R160s at Jamaica will be signed to the E and the F. As what Konvicted said earlier, R and V crews are not trained to operate R160s. Furthermore, the R160s at Jamaica will total 430 (70 R160B and 360 R160A). The E has 26 trains signed to it, so 260 cars will go there. The remaining 17-ish will see service on the F.

And yes, one of the reasons why the E and F are getting them is because there are plans to implement CBTC on the Queens Blvd Line express tracks. The R160s would take much more advantage of these guys.

I just heard that the R46 will be swapped off the (R) and given R160's. Maybe some R160 will be given to the (V).

Impossible, look dude, the (R) T/O and C/R crew are not trained and are not ready. If you want to stick to your statement saying, that the (R) is gonna get R160, please give us proof.

Actually, talking about optional orders...there is a possibility that R160s may be assigned to the R, in the future.

You must consider how many trains are assigned to the F: 45. When all Jamaica R160s arrive, the F will have between 13-17 R160s signed to it. So, give or take, we will put it at 15. Then 30 trains are not R160. (300)

If Option 2 goes to Jamaica, then 200 R160A will go there (32 out of the 232 will go to East New York) and 140 R160Bs will go there. This total will make 340 cars, enough to make the F entirely R160. The R runs 29 trains, and if they do in the future, up to about 4 will make appearances there.

However, I am pretty convinced that the 430 option orders will go directly to the E and the F, rather than the R and the V.

The number of trains were derived from the AM data from here: http://www.thejoekorner.com/carassignments/bmt-ind-2008-12-21.html

I am just saying I heard alot of talk about this subject, that the (R) might be R160 in the near future

Well, since Jamaica Yard is where the (R) comes out from, and like MTR stated, the whole enitre option of R160A will go to (E)/(F), the only time the

(R) might run R160s is if, it has afternoon put-ins out of CIY.

It's too early to speculate as of right now. That is just about it. It takes a little common sense to realize that.

A brand new set of R160Bs car #s 9163-9172 hit the (F) line today, I have two videos uploading at the moment. Keep in mind we still have a long way to go, Part 2 of Option 2 of the R160B order is underway, with about a couple hundred more R160As arriving into Jamaica. Once the mid-9400s arrive into Jamaica Yard, thats when we shall speculate on if the (R) will get them. R160s are currently being implemented on the (F) line with the (E) losing a share of their R160 trains. Its way too early at this time to speculate about the (R) line.

The R46s are being sent over to the (A) line since the slants are slowly getting scrapped. The R40/R42s that was on the (F) is added onto the (R), in exchange for the R160 trains coming on the line. The (V) is not losing any R46s, they are still maintaining their share of R46 trains, while the (E) has at least two R46 trains on the line as of two weeks ago that was on the (F) line, replacing those sets with R160s on the (F).

It's highly possible that the (R) will get R160s, just not within the next 3-5 months give or take. Training + the arrival and acceptance of R160A and B trains, the process will be a long one.

This is how new 9167 was

DSC000644.jpg

The blue protective plastic is still on the train. Seems to me that Jamaica was in a rush to send this set out. And what a debut it made on the (F)

I am just saying I heard alot of talk about this subject, that the (R) might be R160 in the near future

Yeah, and I've also heard talk of the R40 slants retiring in summer 2008. I also heard talk of the (D) getting R160's in 2008. I've also heard talk of the R179's coming in 2009. Not everything people say is true, don't take it as fact. People could say whatever they want, but it doesn't mean it will turn up that way.

Yeah, and I've also heard talk of the R40 slants retiring in summer 2008. I also heard talk of the (D) getting R160's in 2008. I've also heard talk of the R179's coming in 2009. Not everything people say is true, don't take it as fact. People could say whatever they want, but it doesn't mean it will turn up that way.

The R179 part was fake from the start, R179s probably wont be ordered till another 2-3 years.

The retiring of the R40 slants was true, until some very -fortunate- circumstances occured. They ended up sending R40 Mods & R42s to the (A) and the R32s Pitkin & 207th street had over to the (E). Which ended up causing alot of problems like customers disliking the slants/mods/R42s on the (C). So the infamous swap of R40 Mods & R42s to Jamaica in exchange for the (A) and (C) line R32s had to be done again. Making the (C) an R38 exclusive route. Which made the (A) line short on trains.

The (A) line was short on trains since they were scrapped a huge majority of R32s, randomly started scrapping R38s and one set of R44s. So the Slants are on the (A) is there to replace what was lost, and now the R46s will replace the slants very soon.

Absolutely not! The (V) is an extra service, it fine with all R46s. The (R) MIGHT have a set. It' unlikely till I hear word, (R) crews are trained for such tech.

IAWTP! The R might have a few later on once all the older 60 foot cars are gone. Also the only way the V would use the R160's is if Jamaica Yard is really short and all they got available is R160's. I would expect the R and V crews to be like 1 of the last ones to be trained on the R160's even if those lines are not going to use it.

In short, The R might have a few however don't count on the V having 1 unless things are very bad

A brand new set of R160Bs car #s 9163-9172 hit the (F) line today, I have two videos uploading at the moment. Keep in mind we still have a long way to go, Part 2 of Option 2 of the R160B order is underway, with about a couple hundred more R160As arriving into Jamaica. Once the mid-9400s arrive into Jamaica Yard, thats when we shall speculate on if the (R) will get them. R160s are currently being implemented on the (F) line with the (E) losing a share of their R160 trains. Its way too early at this time to speculate about the (R) line.

The MTA is strange. Why is the (E) losing R160s? This is silly. Of all the lines in Queens, the (E) needs them the most. Why such a priority to put R160s on the (F)? And, the (E) has now added R46s? If R46s are such a problem in terms of dwell time on the (E), then this move defies logic. Why in the world can't they take the (V)s R46s and put them on the (A) and leave the (F)s alone for the time being?

Who is the superintendent on the (E) line? I'm going to write him about this and find out what's going on. The (E) should not be losing R160s and they should continue to be added to the (E)s fleet and get it fully R160s ASAP. It's mostly R42/R40M, and these trains are problematic.

The E is not losing R160s. The F is simply gaining some.

The R rumor is somewhat based on fact, fact which has since changed. The decision was to go with 60 foot cars on the R, sending R46s over to the E and F. These 60 foot cars were the R32s and R42s. I believe this was not done because the E cannot reasonably handle a fleet of R46s, considering the smaller amount of doors per train would drive up dwell times in stations. The R had some issue where 75 foot cars (R46s) were returning to the yard with broken threshold plates, indicating some kind of clearance issue along the route.

There have been NO R44S RETIRED SINCE THE R160 FLEET HAS ENTERED SERVICE. The number of R32s scrapped is a slight majority. More than 270 remain in service. The number of remaining slants is a smaller number(even considering the fact that the slants are a smaller fleet. ) and is quickly shrinking.

The E is not losing R160s. The F is simply gaining some.

The R rumor is somewhat based on fact, fact which has since changed. The decision was to go with 60 foot cars on the R, sending R46s over to the E and F. These 60 foot cars were the R32s and R42s. I believe this was not done because the E cannot reasonably handle a fleet of R46s, considering the smaller amount of doors per train would drive up dwell times in stations. The R had some issue where 75 foot cars (R46s) were returning to the yard with broken threshold plates, indicating some kind of clearance issue along the route.

Clearance issues on the R? I don't understand. The R has been running 75 footers for years. When did this happen? Also, the N and Q run local from time to time and shares the Rs route and track and the V shares Queens Av. stations with it. Are the clearance issues on the south Brooklyn end?

Doesn't seem to me the E has as many R160s as it did before the F started getting them. If the E isn't losing any, there should be at least 12 in service on the E. Seems now there are only about 7 or 8 and 18 or so R40M/R42.

Actually, talking about optional orders...there is a possibility that R160s may be assigned to the R, in the future.

You must consider how many trains are assigned to the F: 45. When all Jamaica R160s arrive, the F will have between 13-17 R160s signed to it. So, give or take, we will put it at 15. Then 30 trains are not R160. (300)

If Option 2 goes to Jamaica, then 200 R160A will go there (32 out of the 232 will go to East New York) and 140 R160Bs will go there. This total will make 340 cars, enough to make the F entirely R160. The R runs 29 trains, and if they do in the future, up to about 4 will make appearances there.

However, I am pretty convinced that the 430 option orders will go directly to the E and the F, rather than the R and the V.

The number of trains were derived from the AM data from here: http://www.thejoekorner.com/carassignments/bmt-ind-2008-12-21.html

Who said anything about option order II going to Jamaica, Most likely the 140 R160B's might go to Jamaica, But Most of the R160A like around 184 are going to CI to bang most of the R68A's to Pitkin/207th and the Last 64 R160A (CBTC Installed) would go to ENY for (L) service for ATO.

Clearance issues on the R? I don't understand. The R has been running 75 footers for years. When did this happen? Also, the N and Q run local from time to time and shares the Rs route and track and the V shares Queens Av. stations with it. Are the clearance issues on the south Brooklyn end?

Doesn't seem to me the E has as many R160s as it did before the F started getting them. If the E isn't losing any, there should be at least 12 in service on the E. Seems now there are only about 7 or 8 and 18 or so R40M/R42.

with 1-2 R32 transets during the PM Rush

Archived