Member Titles

Amtrak7

What makes the difference between 'Member' and 'Senior Member'? Looking in the post count chart, there really isn't a distinct separation line in terms of post counts.

Also, what does 'Site Contributor' mean?

What makes the difference between 'Member' and 'Senior Member'? Looking in the post count chart, there really isn't a distinct separation line in terms of post counts.

Also, what does 'Site Contributor' mean?

Here's a quick rundown on how titles are given:

• Member = A member who has been registered less than one year (less than 365 days)
  • Senior Member = A member who has been a registered user for more than a year (365 days or more)
  • Contributing Member = A member has contributed material in any form to the website/forums

All other titles should be self explanatory. I recently changed the way basic member titles were given. Instead of title "by post" I went with the promotion through time registered instead. Some people were gaining the senior title way too fast and I had to change it. It makes perfect sense now.

If you sort the list by join date, there are some people who have joined for more than a year and are listed as 'Member'. The most extreme example is NJTransitFan.

It also depends on activity, right?

If you haven't logged in a while the promotion will kick in the next time that you do.

Activity, Time Joined and Posts are all included in rankings...

In this case only time registered counts.

Thank you for explaining (H)!

How do i also become site contributor? I have photos and stuff you can use and whatnot. PM me bout it as to not get the thread off-topic? :)

- A

When you moderate you are contributing more than most people. :)

Too bad some ppl don't even do that!

I know... Harry has done great things to the forum, to mitigate the "quantity" problem. He removed the feature that allowed users to view how many posts they made, this helps as there were people that liked to flood the forum with unnecessary information, just to increase their post count and look good.

I know... Harry has done great things to the forum, to mitigate the "quantity" problem. He removed the feature that allowed users to view how many posts they made, this helps as there were people that liked to flood the forum with unnecessary information, just to increase their post count and look good.

And the sad part those ppl(s) have posted nothing but false information, wanted to see themsevles talk rubbish and/or sparked flame wars!

If people want to post false information, don't do it here. Go post that stuff at RD, not here.

I really don't see much control on RD. That's why there are problems there. We don't have that kind of level here, thanks to Harry and the other staff members for their work.

• 2 weeks later...
Slightly off topic but how do you become one?

Well the thing is, a lot of people have posted up photos, that's a commonality. Yes, they share things, but does that make all of them site contributors. R160B 8713, on the other hand, spent days working on the datasheet. It's so extensive that me and Fan Railer work on it to maintain the accuracy of the information. He got the title because his contribution stood out amongst all others.

• 4 weeks later...
The subchat Reef doesn't smell of ****, it's roasted brain cells from morons thinking too hard. (LOL) :)

LMAOOOO....that's why I don't post on SubChat like that b/c of the morons and idiots on there......they always falming each other on there. Also edit your post and substitute the "s" word with another word b/c you will get an infraction b/c they think the "s" word is a curse word!

Archived