You will not believe what i saw on the F train today

So here is what happened. i was on a Brooklyn-bound F train earlier today when a cop walked into my car at 34th Street-Herald Square. he noticed a woman occupying two seats and orders her to use one seat only. when she refuses, the officer and the woman begin bickering and it escalates when the officer starts blowing up on her face. after a few minutes, he asks her for some ID and when she says she does not have any, he handcuffes her and then drags her out of the train and pinning her by a trash can. she continues to resist arrest as the train finally pulled out, but my point is the officer used brute force (even looked like a rape at one point) to handcuff a woman, drag her out, and hold the train and all of its passengers just because the lady was occupying more than one seat. tell me, do you think the office went too far or not?

the woman was not fat. she just placed her rather large bookbag on one seat while sitting on the one next to it.

All the same, that's not permitted on the subway. She can get charged for that (right?), as well as resisting arrest (and disobeying a police officer?). Although the officer, from your description, was quite rough.

Then again, she didn't have to argue with the cop. Simply comply, and then if you really want to, put the bag back when the cop leaves. Saves time, money, and stress, even though it still breaks the rules.

I think that in the city, you're supposed to always carry a form of ID.
Considering the economic crisis, if one doesn't have a car or job, how are they suppose to present an ID. Besides, who takes their passports wherever they go? This is not France.

7 Express,

Was the train crowded? Was the officer clearly a police officer in uniform? What was his tone when he asked her to use one seats? What was her demeanor when she refused? Any profanity used by either? What do you mean by the officer blew up in her face?

If a transit employee or a police officer were to ask me to use one seat I would comply. However, if the officer seemed like a "hot head" that's cause for concern.

If you don't have ID, the P/O has every right to bring you down to the precinct to ID you. Don't get why you guys have such anti-police attitude. How hard is it to follow instructions. Don't want to get beat down? well listen to what the cop is asking you to do.

This reminds me of last year on the Q at Cortelyou Road.

The train was stopped for "police activety", and a man rushed in my train car and attempted to blend in. An officer peaked in the car and didn't see him. He came back though, five minutes later, and saw him, and dragged him out of the car, yelling at him for "being a funny guy". The cop and the man wrestled outside the car while the police officer attempted to restrain him and put handcuffs on him. After a few seconds, the cop pepper sprayed the man. Before he was able to get the cuffs on the man, the man was able to get out of his shirt (which was very stretched from the altercation with the cop), and dash down the platform.

If you don't have ID, the P/O has every right to bring you down to the precinct to ID you. Don't get why you guys have such anti-police attitude. How hard is it to follow instructions. Don't want to get beat down? well listen to what the cop is asking you to do.
B/c cops give me the most trouble even if I comply. I despise all of them to full extent as they are deteriorating America.

A long time ago, back when I was in HS, I was using my Student MetroCard on non-school day. I got busted and given a ticket. The P/O asked for my ID which I didn't have any at the time. He then was like, are you sure you are who you say you are and I said yes. He was then like, ok, I trust you, even though I can bring you down to the precinct to verify who you are, I'm going to let you go. P/Os are nice if you treat them nicely and don't BS them around.

A long time ago, back when I was in HS, I was using my Student MetroCard on non-school day. I got busted and given a ticket. The P/O asked for my ID which I didn't have any at the time. He then was like, are you sure you are who you say you are and I said yes. He was then like, ok, I trust you, even though I can bring you down to the precinct to verify who you are, I'm going to let you go. P/Os are nice if you treat them nicely and don't BS them around.

Julio's right here, you should obey police officers if you are given instructions. Police officers generally are not rude to people if people aren't so nasty to them. Best thing is not to get an argument and just obey orders.

And as for occupying more than one seat, put your belongings on your lap or underneath your seat. Simple, and it's common courtesy that others have a place to sit.

I think that in the city, you're supposed to always carry a form of ID.

aside from homeless people...who in the world walks around without ID anyway? I have like 4 forms of ID (driver's license, state id -expired need to throw it out-, school id SS card -probably gonna pull that outta there at some point). But yeah common sense...why wouldn't you carry some form of ID with you when u go out?

1. I guess this went a bit far.

2. The officer should not be asking the women for ID because it is not needed all the time.

3. The officer should not be using brutal force and even arresting her.

4. Speaking of the bag size, if it is too big of a bag, the women can put the bag on the seat if it won't distract other passengers.

1. Agree

If you don't have ID, the P/O has every right to bring you down to the precinct to ID you.

3. She was disobeying a policeman's orders, and then resisting arrest, both arrestable crimes. However, agree on that the policeman was too rough.

4. Common sense would seem to dictate this; however, it's still against the rules to put a bag on a seat.

Cops are usually just doing their job. The police officers i've encountered have always just been concerned for the right thing to be going on. One of them was an a-hole about it, and could have totally handled the situation differently, but he's a police officer in a small yuppie town. Round here everything's a big deal, but i still wish he had not taken the apple cider i was drinking and poured it out. I had permission to make it from the people who were using the concessions table i got it from.

- A

,___,

(O,o) O RLY?

/)__)

^ ^

Well how come one time this year I used my student metrocard, on a school day, got stopped by a cop, he asked me for ID, I didn't have it (I was very polite), took me to the station police office (grabbed me like a criminal) at 59th street Columbus Circle, made me wait there for 20 minutes, asked me questions like he was suspicious of me doing something wrong, then releasing me? I was quite polite and he was just a rude *******. Some Cops I've encontered are nice as well, but not all cops are good and dandy either.

Guess like us some cops have bad days too. This one must have been on the war path. I'm lucky to have never crossed a bad cop. Usually I deal with the ones that are understanding. It really is all about attitude. You have the general 10% that are totally jerks but I never seem to find the need to group em all as bad.

The point of all this is that you should always carry some form of ID (drivers license, non-drivers ID, school ID, What ever) And if a police officer tells you to do something, comply. If you feel your "civil rights" have been violated in some way make a complaint later. Not complying with a lawful order will only make matters worse and will over shadow what the officer did that you felt was wrong. The only people who have problems with the police are people who cause problems.

Archived