A few from yesterday on the Navesink River Bridge; NJCL

kaback9

Cool!

I just saw 4123 at hoboken 3 weeks ago. Do the cats tend to wander between RVL and NJCL?

Also, wow those older 44's are starting to look bad. :eek: Need a refurb!

- A

Cool!

I just saw 4123 at hoboken 3 weeks ago. Do the cats tend to wander between RVL and NJCL?

Also, wow those older 44's are starting to look bad. :eek: Need a refurb!

- A

The F40's tend to be used out of Hoboken on the Main Line, BCL, PVL and then of course the NJCL, the RVL has become PL42 territory now mostly with an occasional F40 or geep.

The F40's tend to be used out of Hoboken on the Main Line, BCL, PVL and then of course the NJCL, the RVL has become PL42 territory now mostly with an occasional F40 or geep.

The RVL used to be the F40PH-2CAT's home route but as Kaback9 said the PL42AC locomotives have taken over. Here is a little NJT F40PH-2CAT trivia NJ Transit F40PH-2CAT #4113 is the only NJ Transit F40PH-2CAT to have a 2500 Gallon Fuel tank. This was done so that the locomotive could operate on the NJCL for longer time periods between refueling.

Here is a photo of NJT 4113 that I took a few days ago in Little Silver NJ.

http://erickreszl.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1542649

Eric

P.S. Great Photos Kaback9

Nice catches!

Why a double header? Nice catch with the comet 4 cab car! You know, i've caught identical consists, but having the comet 5 be cab & comet 4 be a cab but face away from loco.

Weird stuff! B)

- A

No one is sure why they are double heading some consists. This is the first time in a while I have caught this, however this select train has been doing this for quite some time, as people have been photographing it along with just reporting it to me. Eric and I have a theory that it is a fuel move but even that were not to sure about.

No one is sure why they are double heading some consists. This is the first time in a while I have caught this, however this select train has been doing this for quite some time, as people have been photographing it along with just reporting it to me. Eric and I have a theory that it is a fuel move but even that were not to sure about.

My personal theory is that NJ Transit is trying to combine the fueling moves on the NJCL. For the past several months NJ Transit has been double heading revenue commuter trains out of Hoboken at rush hour during the week and the weekend NJCL fueling trains have consisted of a single F40PH-2CAT locomotive. I don't know 100% if thats the reason behind it but in my opinion that is my best guess.

Eric

My personal theory is that NJ Transit is trying to combine the fueling moves on the NJCL. For the past several months NJ Transit has been double heading revenue commuter trains out of Hoboken at rush hour during the week and the weekend NJCL fueling trains have consisted of a single F40PH-2CAT locomotive. I don't know 100% if thats the reason behind it but in my opinion that is my best guess.

Eric

I was told and maybe you were as well by employees that you know that this was a test of some sort. Remember it has not been every train the last month. I'm wondering if it may have something to do with making room in Bay Head while work is done on track 10.

I was told and maybe you were as well by employees that you know that this was a test of some sort. Remember it has not been every train the last month. I'm wondering if it may have something to do with making room in Bay Head while work is done on track 10.

But if it was a test train would would the be testing? The compatibility of a F40PH-2CAT with a GP40PH-2B?B)B) I know that they have not been doing this with "Every Rush Hour Train" but I think it has to do with the fueling trains and perhaps like you said the track work in Bay Head.

Eric

Great Pics! The ALP-44s still look fine. I just hope that when the ALP-46As come and NJT clears the speed to 125 mph that the ALP-44s would pull Comet VIs at 125 mph. The ALP-44s can go for a while without an overhaul. Just remember that the AEM7s never got overhauls until they were almost 30 years old.

Thanks!

Whats a comet VI? A comet is a single level car designation, they are Multilevels, the Comet VI designation would be used if transit was to ever buy another order of single level cars.

Eric,

I thought of this late last night, but what if they are swapping power in and out with this? Remember 4150 was not on the NJCL the otherday.

Thanks!

Whats a comet VI? A comet is a single level car designation, they are Multilevels, the Comet VI designation would be used if transit was to ever buy another order of single level cars.

Eric,

I thought of this late last night, but what if they are swapping power in and out with this? Remember 4150 was not on the NJCL the otherday.

Here are some photos I took of NJ Transit 4150 at Hoboken the other day.

http://erickreszl.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1550992

http://erickreszl.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1550991

Eric

Archived