Info about 76th Street!

INDman

Well, that plan seems great but only few things I must ask...

Is it a real plan? Is it already partilly built?

You are correct but here is the only thing I need to do a counterpoint on:

Well, Linden Blvd. runs parallel with Pitkin Ave. ... Although it does kinda cross Pitkin, it isn't the large Linden Blvd. we know... It is actually a winding road which is starting at 136 St. (a.k.a. Pitkin Ave.) and changing into Linden Blvd. then into DeSarc Rd. then into Cross Bay Blvd. then into 135 St. then ending as Linden Blvd. at around Centerville Rd.

Don't believe me, go on Google Maps which is my source!

If you are talking about Linden Blvd. then:

It would but haven't been built and really end up being a random route like road...

Here is some info on nycsubway.org (only Euclid and Grant):

Euclid:

http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/stations?217:1288

Grant:

http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/stations?217:1494

Trackmap:

http://images.nycsubway.org/trackmap/detail-pitkin.png

Whoever dosent believe and is looking for proof, there it is. I cant believe i didnt know about this.

Whoever dosent believe and is looking for proof, there it is. I cant believe i didnt know about this.

There still is not proof that 76th Street is there, but at the same time there is not proof that it is not. Yes there are tracks that continue on after Euclid Ave. and the area back there is very odd (homeballs and signals the are only feet from a cinder block wall). The track map I posted is not proof or anything nor is the fact that 76th Street is shown on the model board at Euclid Ave. If 76th Street was in fact there, you would have millions of photos from guys like me who do think there is some thing back there. Untill I set foot or know someone personally who has been in the station, there is no proof for me.

It couldn't have been Linden and Pitkin because neither of those streets cross each other. Pitkin and Cross Bay Blvd would make more sense.

I drew up a plan as to how I think the extension should go (if there were to ever be one). I'll scan and post em up.

There are 3 linden bivds, 1 in Brooklyn, 2 in queens, The 1st on in queens starts in Long island and ends at Rockaway bivd and the 2nd Linden Bivd starts on Centerville and pitkin, I 1st saw this in 2005, I was shocked but If you go down centerville you will bump into another Linden Bivd.

There are 3 linden bivds, 1 in Brooklyn, 2 in queens, The 1st on in queens starts in Long island and ends at Rockaway bivd and the 2nd Linden Bivd starts on Centerville and pitkin, I 1st saw this in 2005, I was shocked but If you go down centerville you will bump into another Linden Bivd.

Its only 1 Linden Blvd....its just long, it cuts off somewhere in Queens and appears again in Brooklyn!

I think the building of Aqueduct cut off the Section of Linden from Rockaway to Cross Bay and made it the way it is now.

Anyway, if the plan was for it to stay under Pitkin, the station would be named Cross Bay Blvd. Even if that little dead end street at Pitkin is called Linden Blvd... they wouldn't name it that as to not confuse people thinking it's the "major" Linden.

Anyway, it was supposed to head to 228th st or something in St Albans. What ROW would it have taken? Conduit to Springfield Blvd or Rockaway then Conduit then Springfield?

My made up route has it go via Rockaway and Conduit and it terminates at Green Acres Mall.

Since When Do Tracks Go Into The Walls when they end?. You dont see that so there must be something behind there.

There should be tracks past those walls, there are signals near that wall, they are not those dead-end signals like the ones used on the tracks past Brooklyn Bridge. They propped the wall after building the tracks.

There should be tracks past those walls, there are signals near that wall, they are not those dead-end signals like the ones used on the tracks past Brooklyn Bridge. They propped the wall after building the tracks.

Exactimundo. So what if there is a station behind there. It wouldnt be the first time on the Fulton Street Line ended on a Local station. Rockaway Avenue was an example.

Exactimundo. So what if there is a station behind there. It wouldnt be the first time on the Fulton Street Line ended on a Local station. Rockaway Avenue was an example.

169th Street served as the terminal for the F for a time before 179th Street opened in the 40's. But remember, the IND system is built with numerous provisions for expansion. This is one of them.

Well the current tracks end in a simple bumper. I doubt there are actually tracks laid anymore, but they could ahve been lazy and just separated the connection, built the wall and stuck the lil bumper on all 4.

There is obviously tunnel and trackways behind there, but lets hold off on saying that there is a station there. Usually there is street evidence and you can Gmap streetview the area and there aren't any vent's at all after a certain point.

There is obviously tunnel and trackways behind there, but lets hold off on saying that there is a station there. Usually there is street evidence and you can Gmap streetview the area and there aren't any vent's at all after a certain point.

Maybe because they covered the evidence to hide one of their greatest mistakes?

Archived