Info about 76th Street!

INDman

• 4 weeks later...

It seems I have also stumbled upon more pics, I think.

But first off, I found a NY Times Article with a guy saying to have tried to dig under the cinder block wall and almost succeeded till the hole caved in.

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/01/21/nyregion/tunnel-vision-next-stop-twilight-zone-a-k-a-76th-st-station.html

IMG_3821.jpg

Digging equipment?

IMG_3824.jpg

The Cinder block wall

IMG_3869.jpg

More pics

http://ltvsquad.com/Locations/urbanexploration.php?ID=197

http://ltvsquad.com/Locations/urbanexploration.php?ID=61

Im not definitely saying 76th street exists, but there's a lot of evidence of something there.

I guess if there can be a train stong enough to break apart this cement-block wall, people may actually find trackage past this wall. The dirt may just be build up of stuff over the years. I can definently feel there is something past it.

Why would you use, a million-dollar object to break a wall, if we don't know if it's true or not.

I guess if there can be a train stong enough to break apart this cement-block wall, people may actually find trackage past this wall. The dirt may just be build up of stuff over the years. I can definently feel there is something past it.

I rather stick dynamite than to use a train to knock a wall out.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

The near-last photo is photoshop with that R10, as said on SubChat, it is actually another station in Manhattan.

That station would be the IND 7th Avenue/53 Street Station on the (:)(D) & (E) lines.

Not the R-###'s, more like a train engine that is going to be demolished and run it at 100mph thru Euclid and ram the wall. Well, otherwise I'll stick with what MTR said.

Oh yeah, I get what you want to do, :)!

Just hope the dynamite is strong enough to break the brick wall and hope the dynamite doesn't affect the surround walls.

You must not know the power of dynamite.

• 3 months later...

Sledgehammer, lump hammer, and a chisel. The wall looks like cinderblock, I have been able to expand holes in that type of brick with a pair of lineman's pliers. If the wall is completely solid (the filled the gaps with cement) use an electric powered hilti chipping gun.

Oh my gosh! I so need to see 76th Street. On the fan trip everyone thought the train was going to use the tracks that supposedly lead to 76th Street to relay, but used the Pitkin Yard leads instead. Oh well, maybe next time.

Do any transit workers from here know about 76th Street? Anyone ever seen the alleged cinder block wall there? If so, any pics?

Oh my gosh! I so need to see 76th Street. On the fan trip everyone thought the train was going to use the tracks that supposedly lead to 76th Street to relay, but used the Pitkin Yard leads instead. Oh well, maybe next time.

Do any transit workers from here know about 76th Street? Anyone ever seen the alleged cinder block wall there? If so, any pics?

We're not even sure if the station exists as one station. It's supposedly there, but there is no evidence of its true existence. It exists on paper for sure, but it's material existence is doubted.

Joe Brennan's page on 76th Street is false. He himself, admit it was entirely fabricated.

We're not even sure if the station exists as one station. It's supposedly there, but there is no evidence of its true existence. It exists on paper for sure, but it's material existence is doubted.

Joe Brennan's page on 76th Street is false. He himself, admit it was entirely fabricated.

Yeah, we don't know if the station's even intact anymore but it is one mystery that has to be solved. And do you have the link to Joe's page on 76th Street so I can take a glance at it?

Yeah, we don't know if the station's even intact anymore but it is one mystery that has to be solved. And do you have the link to Joe's page on 76th Street so I can take a glance at it?

It's not a mystery that needs to be solved. I'm sure all of us and the rest of the 8 million people living in New York could live without the existence of such a station or a need to solve "this mystery".

Best April Fool's Joke: Here: Photoshopped and Fabricated - the 76th Street Station

LOL! Those tracks dead end in a wall. Those were just "insider jokes" by the crew and a few knowledgeable riders. While there is some evidence the station exists, or has been partially constructed, there would certainly be no way to relay a train there. Just the crew kidding around and seeing if they could get a few buffs' attention to perk up. Clearly it succeeeded :)

LOL! Those tracks dead end in a wall. Those were just "insider jokes" by the crew and a few knowledgeable riders. While there is some evidence the station exists, or has been partially constructed, there would certainly be no way to relay a train there. Just the crew kidding around and seeing if they could get a few buffs' attention to perk up. Clearly it succeeeded :)

WHO SAID 76th STREET!?!?!

WHO SAID 76th STREET!?!?!

Heh...little girl taps our friend "S" on the shoulder...

"76th street's not real!" :)

Note to everyone else: Inside joke

by the way...2 seconds of off topic, but Matt tomorrow we plan to do at least most of the wiring for the phase converters for the jacks for the R9...it's possible in Sept we may be able to get the car in the air

Archived