8-track grade crossings

Amtrak7

Here are some videos (not mine) of 8-track grade crossings. Sure, it may seem funny that someone would even think about an 8-track grade crossing, but they do exist.

America:

Japan:

If anyone has any videos or photos of grade crossings with an insane number of tracks, please post them!

The 69th Street crossing in North Bergen, NJ next to the CSX yards has 6 or 7 tracks. What really sucks is when they are building the trains there; the crossing is blocked for 20+ minutes at times, watching the long trains go back and forth.

I know, and people complain about it all the time!

Agreed, it might just jam up traffic, B)...

Well it depends on what road that is. If it is only a quaint country road, the railway won't spend money digging a ditch under the tracks just to allow grade separation and the ease of 2 cars.

However, if it is in a town and it really conflicts with automobile traffic, the railway must consider spending money for the betterment of the people. Given, you have 8 tracks. But in this setting, it's fine, I guess. I don't judge a lot of cars use this crossing anyway.

In that first two vids, it is fine. In the last two in Japan, well it is most good to build a bridge over the tracks, obviously to let the trains pass smoothly.

No, I'll tunnel under. You might have to reconfig the tracks in order to put support beams. And it depends on what support beams will be used and what the expected load will be.

Archived